Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Excel/Eclat 2.2 - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Excel/Eclat 2.2

ebay

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is not the same car - it would be a stunning co-incidence, as the fluffy velour interior isn't common (at least I don't think it is) and both cars were silver exterior with fluffy flat bits rather than vinyl/leatherette.

I seem to remember the last one being 6.5-7K.

This ones over 8K, so maybe it is a different car?

It looks a nice car, but has a price tag that would require it to be absolutely first class in every way.

(maybe my one is worth more than I though....?) :B)

£4995 tops in present market. I reckon in 10 years it would be nearer £8000. Tomorrows classic!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Maybe.....

but seeing the glass as half full, is £4995 enough for a 32K mile plastic Lotus wedge in first class condition? To most people a Lotus is a fancy car and 5 grand doesn't seem high for a first class example of a classic car with striking looks. Would you be able to buy a 32K mile classic ford at 5K? I think it is optimistic advertised at over 8K, but would probably think it is worth North of 5K?

I know what you mean about these as being "tomorrows classic". They are the older version of the later car, and the younger version of the earlier car. As such they sort of fall into no-mans land for buyers who polarise between a late Excel SE and the earlier Lotus +2's.

I agree with the pricing, but it's just where they are at present. They have been too low for far too long but fully reconditioned Excels with low mileage genuinely only make around £5k. £6 if you find the right buyer.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I would pay somewhere near that if it was as-new like Dunc said, but it would have to need nothing of importance, paint, trim or engine wise. Reassuringly the blue velour has not rubbed to a bald patch near the leccy window switches as is usual!

Though the bargain hunter in me wants it to be cheaper I hope he gets it; the more people are willing to pay the more chance of a chain of cherished ownership.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• Gold FFM

It's fine to be on ebay and say wow it's gone to whatever, actually getting the supposed buyer to part with the cash and not be a timewaster is more than likely, especially when it's a car that doesnt normally make that kind of money it makes me a bit suspicious, I hope it is genuine though and good luck if it is.

IMHO that has as much of a chance of selling for >£10K as I have of getting a date with the bosses PA..

(Not impossible, but on balance highly unlikely....)

I always think if we all say they are not worth more than say £6k they never will be.  It is criminally low when you look at 1970s/1980s tat that sells for way more.  I would be delighted if someone bit the bullet and paid £8k to £10k for it and to be honest there are certain times in my life (usually bonus time) when I could part with that sort of money for one of the best examples around.

• 2 weeks later...

Been watching a few move on to new owners recently for 6-8K

The silver one pictured above was only sold about 2 months ago for 6.5K

It wont sell at 10.5K because too many people have seen it for sale recently...he should wait until next summer. 

The only reason the prices of excels is so low is because most folk are oblivious to the fact they even exist or represent ridiculous value for money.  This time next year they will be well into the 10-15k range.

Quote me on that if you like.

Early narrow bodies with the Iron cross alloys and the supra wheel versions are getting like unicorn poo but seem to be unfavoured against the later styling of the widebody SE.

Falling out of favour only leads to more being scrapped and before you know it they are ultra rare and uber expensive.

The early LCs are disappearing fast people....