Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
IAC question - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

IAC question

ragingfool35

service notes for 90SE indicate IAC at 20 to 40.  Freescan manual indicates "40 to 70 now".  all the Esprits I have seen including mine are set 65 to 70.  which is correct?

I set mine to 35 after engine rebuild and it thinks it's running lean.  of course I have checked for leaks and found nothing. the injector pulse width is determined from table in ECM based partly on TPS.  I'm wondering if setting IAC back to 65 will adjust AFR command richer accordingly.  adjusting throttle plate stop screw for IAC operation is somewhat of PIA

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironically the manual isn't entirely consistent either - in one place I believe it says 5-70 is normal, but then states "set at 20-40".

I used to have mine at 60 or so but then lowered it to 35 later on. This only makes a difference when starting from cold. I also went on a road trip with the IAC ENTIRELY out of wack (don't ask) and only had issues with the car stalling out from cold. Otherwise what I noticed was that having it at 35 got rid of any residual hesitation when first pressing the gas pedal from cold (rpms would dip slightly when having it higher).

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Both my car and mr.oogieboogie's run IAC counts in the low 40's at warm closed throttle idle, A/C off and no extra electrical loads. Counts of between 5 to 45 are stated as normal in the workshop manual EMH (the Tech 1 diagnostic chart in the manual differs and says 15 to 40 counts are normal) but when setting aim for between 25 to 40 counts.

When warm, at closed/low throttle openings you are likely to be in closed loop fuelling and therefore targeting the stoichiometric A/F ratio so IAC position will not affect the A/F ratio.

Edited by sailorbob