Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Should we have LEF car window stickers? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Should we have LEF car window stickers?

Bibs

LEF Car window stickers...  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think if they are done , they should be of the non sticky kind so they can be tranfered from car to car.

just a thought :lol:

oh, is this a sunstrip?

Edited by dodgy154

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Not being a humbug as LEF is a fantastic group but personally I think any sticker detracts from the beauty of the car. It's a shame we have to add tax disks and number plates.

Got to put a parking ticket in the car to park at work and I refuse to stick it to the window like security want. Should put it on dash every time but normally forget - one day it'll get towed!! :o

Might be worth putting LEF stickies in my other cars so I can wave at esprits without confusing them!! :lol:

I reckon that logo we use at the forum header is pretty cool... perhaps with the URL under in small lettering OR just by adding ".com" as in:

LOTUS

ESPRIT

FORUM.com

...type thing innit.

Plus a penguin wouldn't go amiss....

I'd like a big full length windscreen sun strip one!

I like the lotus sport one's but don't want a picture of an Exige/Elise,

Also this would cover that huge gap left by the sunvisors that always

lets the sun right into your retinas.

Oh, and i remember trying to fit one of those green ones to a metro

many years ago, i ain't got the knack, so someone will have to help me...

Stickers cool idea too though, i vote yes!

B)

What about mugs, or them USB storage keyrings, or pens, or

egg cups, or umberellas, or pin badges, or mouse mats, or hats,

or those jackets people have for small dogs like terriers, or valve

caps, or key rings, or bobble hats, or lighters, or CD's of kimbers

singing like he didn't at the Factory meet as promised, or tax disc

holders, or ice scrapers etc etc

:lol:

It's all well and good but I think it might be worth speaking to Kato first Bibs. See how initial sale went and how things are doing now. IMO, you get the initial rush of sales but be left with stock sitting on your shelf with your money tied into in. If you don't mind this then not a problem, go ahead.

Personally for me, I like the genuine Lotus stuff not a club based merhandise but I could just be the odd one out here.

An excellent idea!

I agree with Paul that a sunstrip would be a good option (particularly if it could be an internal, self-cling vinyl type). Have to say that I'm not usually a huge fan of sunstrips but saw one at the Norfolk meet (Jayoffshore?) and thought it looked good in on Esprit.

As to design I'd be inclined to stick with the existing forum logo. But how about getting together with Kato and producing a combined LEF/LEW version?

I have a friendly printer in my business networking chapter. He's has superb quality and is a graphic designer, may not be the cheapest but will be well made/non fade.

I think they should be PINK!!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

It's all well and good but I think it might be worth speaking to Kato first Bibs. See how initial sale went and how things are doing now. IMO, you get the initial rush of sales but be left with stock sitting on your shelf with your money tied into in. If you don't mind this then not a problem, go ahead.

Personally for me, I like the genuine Lotus stuff not a club based merhandise but I could just be the odd one out here.

I was joking with the other stuff Mate!!!, i'm not going to be held responsible for

a mountain of unsold 'Pinky sings the Lef blues' CDs or 'scottys lotty doggy coats'.

Please for gods sake bibs don't start ordering mugs or egg cups either!!!

:mellow:

I was 100% on the visor/sunstrip though. Have been on the verge of buying the

lotus sport one many times, but like i said, i don't want a big Elise picture on my

car.

:mellow:

Your thoughts?

It would be nice to have one that fitted in the rear window then you could have one on both sides and it would be easy to spot when someone pulls alongside you :mellow: . Maybe the existing LEF Logo could be combined into an Esprit shaped sticker ?.

Martyn B)

Dave Ladkin on Mloc, does these kind of things and would be happy to help - his forum name is 'Ladders' He's the manager of a graphic design studio, has done the sunstrips for Le Mans in the past for some cars etc

Can give you a direct email Bibs if you PM me.

heh... I'd be interested to see a design comp. :)

I don't like the sunstrip idea though... in the US sunstrips tend to be associated with the more err hick demographic and are usually seen on Camaros and Trans ams with oddly sized tires :)

A circular badge type logo you can stick anywhere though... The most likely place I'd but a sticker is prob. the driver's side rear window, because that's just a useless display case on our cars anyway

For a moment I wondered if we shouldn't make individual ones for each model of car :) A G turbo's molded to fit the indents on each side of the bumper etc.

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Little sticker for me - 'through the back window' type. I'm not allowed to have a sunstrip, and with all this sun we have in Oz?

How about member numbers on the sticker? that will set egos off....heh heh heh :)

Iain

LEW's stickers haven't broken even yet after 3 years! I think it'll be difficult to make it pay, as there aren't that many people who'll buy one and they'll all want different type of things. Guessing you're not giving them away for free!

Most printing companies will only do something like a minimum order of 400!

LEW doesn't sell 400 calendars, stickers, mugs, pens, t-shirts put together.

It's a good idea, but not financially!

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>

gents im lucky enough to be a high end graphic designer by trade as well as owning my own computer business.

one of my closest friends owns a printing company that can do stickers for the club, and im sure i can get them at material cost with no minimum run if i ask nicely enough.

if i know a quantity required i can pop over this week and get some made for evaluation.

whats in it for me?? nothing just giving a little back to the club and its members who have taken the time to help me

Edited by bigsi

How about this for a fun military style design - "EXTREME CAUTION - EJECTOR SEAT ARMED". Should grab people's attention and may even make thieves think twice!!!.

"Warning - Burglar Protected" rings a bell....