Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
abs sensors obsolete! - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

abs sensors obsolete!

I had another abs sensor go down back in august, N/S/F  ordered a new one (on back order) which arrived last week.  The new sensor's mounting hole was in the wrong place, although I managed to modify to fit & work.  I contacted de roure about this who then questioned lotus, their response was they had modified an O/S sensor to suit & apparently there are 5 more left in stock and that the sensors will then be obsolete!!

Can this really be the case ? as far as I'm aware the sensor is unique to lotus & there is no 3rd party part cross reference for the item

This is an obvious concern regarding our cars needing fully functioning abs systems to pass the annual MOT let alone anything else

What happens in the future?? 

lol simon ,

after owning a 1980's 911 turbo for many years its a novelty owning a car without flat spots on the front tyres :D

• 1 year later...

I had a failure of the N/S/F ABS sensor. My garage rang to say the part was obsolete. Looked on SJ Sportscars website and they appeared to have them. So I rang and sure enough they have them - one in the post as we speak. They apparently make them from the relevant parts.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

• 1 month later...