Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
ARMED SERVICES APPRECIATION DAY - KNOCKHILL - 21st JUNE 2015 - Trackdays - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

ARMED SERVICES APPRECIATION DAY - KNOCKHILL - 21st JUNE 2015

Marx1961

Hello again to all.

My idea is to arrange a MASSIVE day of fun for all members of our fantastic and often underappreciated Armed Services and their families.

The idea behind this event is to bring us all together as a community of car owners and friends, as well as the wider population to show all of our troops that all of the efforts and sacrifice made over the past few years in Afghanistan and Iraq has not gone unnoticed.

I have been in talks with Stuart Gray at Knockhill Race Circuit and he and the management at Knockhill have kindly offered to host this event for me in conjunction with at large SMRC event that will be held the same day.

The idea is to bring together as many rare and unusual Supercars, Classic Cars, Vintage Cars, Sports Cars etc. as possible.  I am hoping to gather up to 100 Cars for this one!!

The intention will be that ALL MEMBERS of the Armed Services and their families will be given free entry (50% for their guests) to Knockhill on this day.  During the day they will be given full access to the array of cars, including passenger drives on the public roads, as well as Parade Laps of the Circuit during the afternoon of the 21st June.

I am looking at placing groups of up to 10 Cars at a time in a holding paddock, during 1 hour slots throughout the day in order to rotate the vehicles that will be used for the public road runs.

Further to this,  I am looking to liaise with the military to see what displays they can bring along on the day to enhance the day.

Stuart Gray has already told me that some of the BTCC Teams are looking to support the event as well.

I will also be seeking donations from far and wide which can be included in a Charity Auction to be held on the day.  The monies raised from this will be distributed amongst the various Military Charities.

Can I please ask you all that if you choose an event this year to attend, that you really try to support this one.  It is a unique event that will not be repeated and is in a small way, our way of saying a massive thank you to all of these brave men and women and their families for the sacrifice.

Can you please reply to me if you can support this event, including the marque of car you can supply on the day, as well as anything you may be able to provide for the Charity Auction please.

Kind Regards

Mark

post-17029-0-05280800-1421244881.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Mark,

I have posted a link up over on the LEGS section where you will get most of your response from anyway.  I'm pointing them over here.  Thankfully you have picked a weekend where there isn't much on in our diary apart from something at Alford where we would probably only have a few cars attend anyway so with luck you will get a good turn out from the gang.

I see that is just a normal SMRC Race Day and nothing special like BTCC or BRSCC so you should be able to get a bit of track time okay between races as the race day programmes can be very frantic and demo type stuff always gets pushed back in my experience.  I marshal there and have tried to a range a few things with Stuart over the years.

If you need any more info then PM me as I'm going offshore tomorrow for 4 weeks or I'd have suggested a call with a few pointers.

Cheers,

Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023