Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Racing Exhaust - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Racing Exhaust

I just purchased an Exige Roadster and I was wanting to know if anyone here has the Lotus racing exhaust fitted?. Just wanted to know how loud it was and whether it is too loud to put on as I use the car as a daily driver.. I could only find one video on youtube of it and it wasn't very clear.

I had a modified exhaust on my Evora S and I'm kinda missing the sound!.

2015 Orange Exige V6

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The Cup comes with a Stage 2 Lotus exhaust fitted and sounds divine, very motorsport sounding. Since Cup cars haven't got any sound deadening owners do tend to need some relief in the shape of noise-cancelling headphones on long trips but you may be ok in a standard road car.

You can hear it here...

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Doh, sorry, I've mucked that up due to my poor memory! The Cup has a standard exhaust, it just sounds very different to the same system on the Evora S SR. They do sound very different though with the Exige sounding much more metallic and motorsport and the Evora sounding nice and smooth...

I was very sure when Jonny and I compared cars someone told me the Cup came with the Stage 2 which explained the noise difference but I've just checked with Hethel, hence the above.

Sorry! 

Hi Bibs

do you know the part number of the Lotus Motorsport exhaust for the exige V6?

I'm not sure if this will help, but if you were to google "Evora Lotus sports exhaust" wouldn't it give you an indication as to the sound as they both use the same engine?

Like this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQFs902XSrM

Edited by ChrisBuer

The sound of the Standard V6 Exhaust definitely improves over time, we've noticed it on a couple, both consistent. At 4k miles it had improved greatly.

What concerns me with the Motorsport exhaust is that if it is louder how will it pass noise restrictions on track days? I've already been thrown off one track (Zolder) and warned at another (Brands) for noise with the standard exhaust. I am at Bedford in a couple of weeks, interested to see how it gets on there.

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

We got through on our first visit in September, but the exhaust had not come to life then. I've been there with a few other V6, they got the warning on the static test but as long as you lift past the sensors you are fine. On that day I think I was recorded at 98 static, which was consistent with Oulton a couple of weeks later.

Also I think the very cold weather allows sound to carry better, so the drive by sensors are more of a risk on clear winter days.

For the sake of comparison - here is a video with the sound taken from a GoPro mounted on the bumper above the exhaust:

First few minutes, then the battery died and the sound goes onboard. The car had about 3k miles on it on that track day. We are back in a month or so with 5k miles, will be interesting to see the difference.

I have the Lotus sports exhaust on my LF1 & if I'm honest when it was first fitted & bearing in mind I had only done approx. 1000 miles with the std exhaust in my opinion it wasn't as loud as the std exhaust in sport mode (baffles open) though the note was different...

T3Jn that day when we were all at Silverstone do you remember the green & orange V6's that shared the garage with us?

Well we spent a little time that day listening to them coming past the pits as one had the std & one had the sports exhaust,

We came to the conclusion that volume wise not much in it but sports sounded to burble a bit more...

No science or measuring of course just what we thought listening as they passed the pits!

Also I think the very cold weather allows sound to carry better, so the drive by sensors are more of a risk on clear winter days.

I was speaking to a marshal at Brands on Saturday about this. On a cold day (sub-3 degrees) they'll allow an extra dB on the drive-by meter and the same again if it's wet, if they can measure at all due to the background noise.

I spent my time driving ;)

Have you taken the car on track since you had it swapped over? I have got into the habit of asking what the reading was at the static test.

I am talking to Lotus at the moment about the concern I have that mine is hitting limits, they are going to check that the silencer is not breaking down next time it is in.

I've just booked Silverstone for the 10th March with LoT, come along, we can compare!

I was speaking to a marshal at Brands on Saturday about this. On a cold day (sub-3 degrees) they'll allow an extra dB on the drive-by meter and the same again if it's wet, if they can measure at all due to the background noise.

Very interesting. The marshal at Brands when taking my static reading suggested I stayed away from the sport button (so I skipped and went to all off), he thought that opened exhaust bypass (I did not bother explaining). Joking aside I pushed all day and was fine, the marshal would not tell me where the monitors were only hinted.

:lol: 

It was on when I saw you at Silverstone!

I've not really worried about the limits as I'm in the habit of generally only doing the louder days with my old S2 anyway 

10th March with LoT may work out for me will see what I can do....

Suspect between the two Lotus ones you may see a slight improvement (even if it's mostly down to weight)

To be honest for me it was more about the look & added bonus I do prefer the sound.

Some other manufacturers may well claim power increases but I'm not sure to what extent?

My S2 has a full Larini system on it & that certainly seems to pull better than it did before....

I have the Lotus sports exhaust on my LF1 & if I'm honest when it was first fitted & bearing in mind I had only done approx. 1000 miles with the std exhaust in my opinion it wasn't as loud as the std exhaust in sport mode (baffles open) though the note was different...

Hi Ishy, have you got any photos of it it fitted. I think the twin pipes look better than the standard single. I'm torn between going for the Lotus one, Larini or 2bular when Jim finally releases it fully.