Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
my Spyder Zetec Elan project - Classic Elan - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

my Spyder Zetec Elan project

stratosboy

Hi,

I've just joined on here and thought I'd post my elan project which I've been working on for the past 18 months, I'm making very slow progress, but I am enjoying it.....

post-15910-0-47463000-1422226365.jpg

post-15910-0-39447700-1422226473.jpg

post-15910-0-28756000-1422226553.jpg

post-15910-0-25740900-1422226586.jpg

• Like 1

That's just fine

Very nice, six speed 'box?

Looks like you've replaced the do'nuts, with what?

Cheers,

John W

Very nice, six speed 'box?

Looks like you've replaced the do'nuts, with what?

No it's Ford's Scorpio 5 speed box, but has LSD, chassis, suspension and drive train are all Spyder's, using their cv joints instead of donuts.

I'll try to post a few more pics later.

wiring is almost complete, except for dash and fuel pump.

Hoping to get cracking on car as soon as it gets a bit warmer....too cold to work on it in my fridge garage!

That's just fine

The paint job looks superb, who done it & when are they going to put the red top coat over the yellow? :o

Edited by jonwat

Cheers,

John W

Ha ha thanks John, it would be a very long time for me to go with red, when yellow over white is clearly the best colour combo for this little car!!

Paint job is really good, and was done by a local paintshop to me in St.Helens, Merseyside.

Dave

That's just fine

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

:thumbsup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

The more I think about this the more envious I get, she sounds like a very tidy motor. :thumbsup:

How does the weight of the Zetec compare to a Twin Cam, are you going to have to adjust the spring/dampers?

Cheers,

John W

my understanding is that the zetec (115kg) is probably about 15kg heavier than twin cam (100kg) - I'll stand correction though.

springs/dampers and all suspension arms are adjustable, so will need fettling, but are Spyders', so assume they are designed to suit this set up.

Informed by previous owner that engine should put out about 170 - 180 bhp.

That's just fine

I'm surprised the aluminium Zetec is heavier than the iron block twin cam??

How are you powering the headlamps? The lads on the Éclat/Elite forum covert them to electric using MX5 motors. :thumbup:

Cheers,

John W

yep got MX5 motors connected up and working a treat.....much more reliable than the chassis vacuum arrangement on my old elan, whereby they would start to droop under power!!!, scary on an unlit road at night!!!

That's just fine