Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SpeedFest '15 - Sunday 5th July - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

SpeedFest '15 - Sunday 5th July

Entries will be opening ..... soon.

Keep an eye on here/ SE/ Pistonheads for further updates. We just have some i's to dot and t's to cross with some of the manufacturers and commercial aspects and then we will open up the floor to competitors/ exhibitors.

It's beginning to take shape nicely, lots of early leg work appears to be paying off. Fingers crossed for good weather.

Cheers Tony.

:thumbsup: We have it on the LEGS Calendar as our July Breakfast Club as well seeing as a week later this year.  May get a few extra visitors if not competitors/displayers which is always a full sign up for.

My rota has me at home again so looking forward to the pre- invite as a past competitor.

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Brilliant news Al!

The move of the date was primarily to avoid the clash with Goodwood FoS..... But in doing so we have a clash with the British Grandprix!

Ho hum.... At this time of year we were always going to have overlap with other events... And we can Sky+ the F1!

But it's up to all of us (and Im speaking with my Lotus hat on now and not just as an organiser) to put on a good show for the public.

I'm working hard in the background to hopefully get MMC to come along too - it should be a good day out, we've started organising much earlier than last year (although I'm not going to read too much into that as I'm sure time will fly by as we get nearer the event as it always has).

If any of you have any "ideas" for on track demonstrations/ races or the like which you would like to see then drop me a PM and we will see what we can do. We are still planning the actual on track activities and are always looking for something new and exciting to bring to our audiences :)

The SpeedFest Facebook page will be getting updates from now on. If you arent already following SpeedFest, please go along and like the page.

Note: Entry Fee for participants this year will be £10.00 (which helps towards event insurance, permits, overheads and admin).

The entry fee will include 2 free event entry tickets.

If you require any further information, or if you have any queries, please feel free to drop me a PM here, contact me on Facebook or post in this thread.

:thumbsup: Got my form as previous entrant e-mailed to me. 

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 3 months later...
**SIT-REP**

Entries are now closed for competitors.... thanks to everybody on here that has applied to enter. We have received so many applications, and its going to be a tough job to pick the final selection. 

Trade stand space has also now all been allocated. We have exhibitors from Lamborghini/ Ferrari/ Bentley/ Maserati/ McLaren/ Lotus/ Porsche/ Aston Martin and Rolls Royce coming along. Some of them may even be bringing some race cars (or sssssssh - some special cars!). We will also have representatives from various motorsport related clubs - Scottish Rally Championship should be laying on a demonstration, Blata-Scotland will be putting on a few short races with their championship contending mini-moto GP bikes, Aberdeen Drifters should be back again to smoke up the track.. and hopefully the Grampian Kart Club will also be coming along to display a stand and to put on some short demonstration races too. 

Plus lots more very exciting things which you'll just have to come along and look out for yourself!

Myself and my co-organisers are now entering the final planning stages for the event to ensure that the programme of events run smoothy on the day. 

Tickets should go on sale very shortly and can be purchased online for the first time!! Advance ticket sales will also attract a ticket to ride in one of the sports cars on the morning. More information can be found on our website: http://www.alfordspeedfest.co.uk or come and like us on the Facebook page.
Edited by anthonyyule

• 4 weeks later...

Cant believe i missed the entry i just picked up my Evora at the weekend and everyone has asked me if im taking it but ive missed out this year :( try again next year

:thumbsup: It helps that we have a couple of friends in high places  :secret:  :ice:

• Like 2

So bumping this up everybody's consciousness as our next event.  Lets see what our final turnout is going to be.  Remember even if you are not showing or competing, this is our monthly Breakfast Club in effect, so all welcome to come along and spectate and cheer the rest of us on.  The event starts properly at 11:00 and there will be no formal gathering time as such but we are usually not too far from the cars in show paddock, and we will have our LEGS flags flying hopefully.  Remember also that Brandon is showing there this year with 3 cars.  See you at the show.

Also note if you are coming up the day before we are going to arrange for a dinner somewhere in Aberdeen for a natter and a beer.  Just a casual affair.  Brandon and crew may be there as well.  There will be a separate post about that so don't post that up here.  I will need numbers firmed up on that a good week in advance at least so we can get somewhere booked.

The actual event link is here or http://www.alfordspeedfest.co.uk  

For those that wish to join us we will be gathering at Gordon Masson's house in Aberdeen for a convoy drive out to Alford.  Meet at 09:00 for a 09:15 departure.  Anybody who doesn't know where that is please PM me or Gordon for an address.

List 1 for entrants:

1. Neil Pennock-Evora S SR-Static Display

2. Al.  -  Evora S (SR make believe) -  Early Bird rides and Pursuit

3. bingoking  - Esprit V8. - Early Bird rides and Drag

List 2 for spectators:

• 3 weeks later...

Mark - SpeedFest is not organised or run by the GTM so they shouldn't actually be promising/ inviting anyone to the event without coming through me or my colleague first as they have 0% control or say so on this. Unfortunately this isn't the first time this has happened, and it's left to me to apologise and pick up the pieces. Can you please pass on your full details so I can check our system - I'm afraid that it looks like your details were never passed on to us (which is not the first time this has happened either). It really is too late to accept entries now being almost 72 hrs from the event - I can only apologise once again for the handling of this.

Edited by anthonyyule

Great day guys loved the event, nice to put faces to names etc. Aplogies for not spending as much time as i would of liked talking to you all but will next time.

Couldnt of asked for a nicer welcome to the lotus family thanks guys :)

post-19124-0-54482500-1436116851.jpg

• Like 1

So for those who missed it and despite some worrying thunder/lighting and rain on the Saturday of biblical proportions the day turned out great weather wise.  Even Saturday evening dinner out remained dry - weather wise at least. A very large crowd there this year as well and much more support from just about every sports and supercar manufacturer.  Track action seemed better with non-stop happenings from 11 to 5

Dealers supporting this year were Aston Martin's, Lambos, Porkers, McLaren's,  Masser's and more as well as our very own Brandon supported by Gary from MMC.  We had a large turn out of Lotus scattered round the place with at least 6 or 7 taking part in various 'demonstration' not competition - honest runs and passenger rides, and another 4 or something on static display. Considering the capacity is 120 cars we had a great percentage - Thanks Tony :unworthy: .  From what I remember (day passed in a blur and when taking part not being able to watch as much, we did generally very well against whatever we were pitched against.  All the dealers supporting the event had one car out as well in a live demo period so "C7 Steve" helped out Brandon with that in his Exige S.

If anybody has any photos of me out on track either with pax rides or the Pursuit I'd like a copy please.

post-7988-0-24888100-1436197937.jpg

LEGS flags proudly flying along with Murray's

post-7988-0-88500000-1436197937.jpg
Flying in the Static display area where Gordon in the very 1st Esprit also was.

post-7988-0-58279100-1436197935.jpg
The scarlet mistress that did me proud all day in the Pursuit Paddock

post-7988-0-62979400-1436197936.jpg
Another Elise 111S who will hopefully be doing up on the Forum soon.

post-7988-0-52453400-1436197938.jpg
post-7988-0-13310100-1436197939.jpg
"Superstar" Gordon Masson signing for autograph hunters with his Esprit S1 along with the various magazines and other publications featured in.  Along with one of the limited edition Corgi models.

• Like 1

If I have a high pitched voice next time anybody speaks to me it will be because Gordon carried out his threat if I published!!  :scared:

Now looking at the photos it looks like I shrunk the file size just a bit too much for posting.  6Meg down to 42Kb evidently too much.