Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Passenger window won't go up - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Passenger window won't go up

Help greatly required

My passenger window is stuck fully down. When you press the button as if to put the window down there is a noise of the motor trying to lower it (obviously it cant as it is already fully down) but when you pull the button to raise the window there is nothing.

Drivers side is working fine

I have tried swapping fuses between the drivers and passenger side and both fuses seem to be fine.

Any ideas?

Very keen not to leave it like this overnight as it lives outside!

Thanks

Chris

Edited by cdl

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine did exactly the same a couple of weeks ago. Sadly not good news though as mine needed a new window regulator. I got the AA out and they fitted a bit of (sticky back ) plastic to keep the elements out as there was nothing they could do to fix it. Mine was covered under extended warranty but I think it's quite costly to replace. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Edited by j2 lot

as above, the regulator has probably had it. The window mechanism is only sold as a complete unit so you just have to bite the bullet rather than try work out of its an ecu/cable problem.

Its about £250 to buy and fitting is an hours job for a DIY.

That doesn't sound good

Have managed to clear all the junk out of my garage into the conservatory and just squeeze the evora in so i'm a bit happier now.

Will make a few phone calls in the morning and see what i can sort out

Cheers

Chris

• Gold FFM

The Esprit is the same. :(

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

several screws on the undersid - about 5 from memory

but the a/c pipe into the door area, remove to black bungs, 2 bolts under there, lift the edges of the a/c rubber gasket into the door and a couple of self tappers there.

oh, firstly pry the pull handle cover off and undue the two big main bolts in the handle, but sounds like you have already done this and lost the bottom anchor point which is only held in by tape on the other side. It would be hard for it to actually fall in, it's likely just moved offline a bit. Can you see it with a torch? Stick a long allen key and center it and then you should be ably to carefully thread the big bolt into it and it then self compresses in line as you tighten it up.

Thanks for getting back, greatly appreciated.

I had the door panel off, but in a fit of stupidity in the dark failed to notice that the reason I couldn't my arm into the door space was......

I had the window wound down.  :getmecoat:

Funnily enough yesterday in the day light noticed that, wound the window up and could get my arm inside the door to retrieve the Anchoring point from the bottom of the door, clean the Sifaflex off it (Which by this time was rock solid and not sticky) And reset it.

On the plus side I now have a new set of Speakers, dynamated doors. All I have to do now is get to the Cross Overs, and replace those, so out comes the rest of the Interior...

Tris...

local grade has taken the motor out and got the window up so at least it is now secure.  Just waiting for a replacement motor now!

Oh, and when i drove the car away from the garage having done the above, the drivers window now doesn't "pop up" after I shut the door - any ideas on that one?

I presume the battery was disconnected when they took the motor out so that will be it. They have made a right mess of the carpet in the boot when trying to access the battery so I will be mentioning that when I take it back in to get the new motor fitted

I think there is a reset procedure but sure someone will be able to confirm what it is, mine did the same after the battery was disconnected.

Ignition on

wind window fully down and hold the button when it gets to the bottom for 5 seconds

wind window fully up and when it hets to the top hold button up for 5 seconds

Do the same with the other one.

• 5 weeks later...

Passenger window sorted by fitting a new regulator.

No luck with the drivers side though. Reset procedure hasn't worked. Hoping this isn't the start of another regulator on its way out.

I'm at hethel on Friday for factory tour (then trackday on saturday) so might see if they can take a look whilst i'm there.

• 4 months later...

I'm not quite sure that is the correct thread for me to add to, but I've just noticed an issue with my passenger window - it seems to stop about 2-4mm short of fully closed. I just tried the reset procedure above, but it didn't help.

Is there any quick tweak I can do, or is this a trip to the dealer?

when you close the door it should pop up a 1cm ish.

If its not, check the door indicator on the dash, if it says the doors still ajar its probably the switch on the latch. If it knows the door is shut then its possibly the regulator

When mine broke the window itself worked fine but the 1cm close thing went haywire. It stopped working, then started randomly bobbing up and down when I was driving followed by other odd behaviour. Swapped the motor and its been spot on since!

when you close the door it should pop up a 1cm ish.

If its not, check the door indicator on the dash, if it says the doors still ajar its probably the switch on the latch. If it knows the door is shut then its possibly the regulator

When mine broke the window itself worked fine but the 1cm close thing went haywire. It stopped working, then started randomly bobbing up and down when I was driving followed by other odd behaviour. Swapped the motor and its been spot on since!

Cheers - it still drops 1cm when you open the door, and pops back up when you close it, it just doesn't close properly! I'll post a pic tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Well I think I must have upset it by half-performing the reset sequence because it wasn't auto-opening or closing at all!

Many thanks to JAWS who reset the window properly for me today in 15s flat :)

Edited by Gravel

• 2 weeks later...