Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige V6 Wiper Blade - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige V6 Wiper Blade

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Cheers for this - had to use mine for the first time yesterday and the end of the wiper decided to self destruct, luckily manged to notice and stopped using before it damaged the screen.

Stock wiper on my 350 is 26" so just ordered the AR26

• Like 1

2 x AR26 ordered just for a rainy day ?

Silverstone changed mine for AR26 sometime ago so I can confirm that they fit and work well.

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

Just spoke to my supplier and they have very very good stocks and are now offering to me at a better price.....

So I have reduced my price a little and also added the 26 inch version

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/aero-wiper-blade-26-inch

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/aero-wiper-blade-24-inch

• Like 1

My 26 stopped cleaning the top half of the screen so I've gone back to the skeleton frame type and it works better.

Its one off a Renault Espace that I was going to attach the washer jet to (not got round to that but yet) and feels more weighty so appears to touch the screen that bit firmer.

'....it makes every other roadster look just a little bit cissy...'

6 minutes ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Just spoke to my supplier and they have very very good stocks and are now offering to me at a better price.....

So I have reduced my price a little and also added the 26 inch version

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/aero-wiper-blade-26-inch

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/aero-wiper-blade-24-inch

Dave I've just cancelled my Amazon order so will give you a call shortly to order this - would rather give you the business and need a tow eye too.

Cheers

Luke

• Like 1

What a difference the new wiper has made. I've owned the car for almost a year and only used the old wiper once, it skipped all over the place and didn't move any water. 

I'm happy I went for the 24 incher as I suspect the additional 2 inches of the larger blade probably won't make contact with the screen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of interest, years ago I was given a tip by a bearded gnarly old engineer who suggested that if you don't use your car very often, every time you put it away lift the wiper arm and prop the blade just clear of the screen with a wine bottle cork down at the bottom of the screen. Apparently, keeping the pressure off the blade stops it from slowly forming itself into a shape governed by always leaning over in one direction (when not being used), which improves its life enormously.

Anyhow, I've been doing just that on every one of my rarely used toys ever since and I must admit it seems to work as they stay effective for very much longer than you'd expect.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one of each (Bosch AR24U and AR26U) but both seem to have the same problem where the last inch or so doesn't connect to the windscreen:

729g5e.jpg

The 24" seems to be better than the 26" when used while driving though (26" left smears on the last couple of inches). Stationary both work fine (apart from the problem above!)

I wish I saw this thread earlier, lol. I bought two AR26's and the top end really doesn't conform to the windshield curve. Still much better than stock where the metal ends disassembled itself and scratched my car though! :cry:

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...