Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LF1 Owners Pack - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

LF1 Owners Pack

Kosmo

Did all you lucky LF1 owners get the the complete owners pack including the F1 factory tour and all the correct items in the owners pack box ?

I've been told the F1 tour in no longer available and I'm also missing the Gold F1 car USB stick which has been substituted with a Black S2 Exige !

Look forward to your replies and message me if you are not comfortable publicly posting.

Cheers,

Andy.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Andy

Yep they only did two dates for the F1 Factory tour 10th and 12th of Feb, and now instead you can do a session on the Lotus test track at Hethel.

I also had the Black Exige USB stick and not the Gold F1 stick, I think they must have run out of the Gold ones as it was a shop stock item and probably sold out.

I also got the Black Exige USB stick, which was a bit annoying as the dealer has the correct gold one for sale in their display cabinet.  Gave up asking in the end and bought it for £20 just to complete the goodie box.

Sounds like we are all in the same situations and I know it may seem a little petty, however when you pay +60K for a car you expect receive what's on offer and get support from your dealer.

What I don't understand is Lotus knew they were going to need 81 USB sticks, one for each LF1, how the hell did they run out ? Very poor inventory management !

I'm still going to push for an F1 tour even if at the end of this season, I don't see why this is not possible ?

I can understand why they had to pull the F1 tour - they let you into some really sensitive areas and now the season is in full swing... It was a shame it was limited to 2 dates as I could not make them and I am a huge F1 fan. However I do think the track time is a very good/fair alternative, and to some maybe a better (I guess those who bought an LF1 for the looks rather than the tie-in).

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

I get why they cant do the tour now the season has started, However I'm happy to wait..... Big F1 fan here and the chance to visit any F1 facility would be great.

If enough people (LF1 owners) want the tour then I will push for this with Lotus, If it's only me then I don't stand much of a chance. 

I do about 6-8 trackdays a year in my S1 so the offer of track time is no big deal for me and can be purchased anytime, An F1 tour is a little more special.

• Like 1

I got everything as stated... though only about 3 weeks notice on the F1 factory tours and that's cause I asked Lotus Cars directly.. dealer didnt have the info!

• 4 weeks later...

I have no plaque on my car, still awaiting it from Lotus!

Also no gold USB F1 car stick!

Has everyone got their plaques? Anyone still waiting?

Also I am going to push Lotus for the gold USB F1 car sticks. They advertised them in the LF1 brochure and yes they state items can be changed due to demand BUT in this instance, as someone as stated above, they KNEW that 81 needed to be made!!!!

So if anyone wants to reply or PM, I am going to chase it up with Lotus and ensure that the gold usb sticks can be sent to owners who want them.....

I have the plaque and I also now have the Gold USB stick after a few emails, Apparently it was one from the display cabinet at Lotus HQ, I don't know how true that is ?

How does a car get released without a plaque ?

It's true, it's from the display cabinet in reception of factory 5!

Well I must thank Aimee at Lotus Silverstone again for this :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I've got my plaque but there are mistakes on it, so another one is being ordered!

Asked Lotus for the gold usb stick, waiting to hear back from them.

Kosmo, did your usb stick come in its box? Similar to the gold key ring?

Could you let me know if you did NOT get the Lotus F1 Team Gold USB Stick...

post-18977-0-41636800-1431522099.jpg

That is one hell of a memory stick. Must be at least 6TB!

• 2 weeks later...

I get why they cant do the tour now the season has started, However I'm happy to wait..... Big F1 fan here and the chance to visit any F1 facility would be great.

If enough people (LF1 owners) want the tour then I will push for this with Lotus, If it's only me then I don't stand much of a chance. 

I do about 6-8 trackdays a year in my S1 so the offer of track time is no big deal for me and can be purchased anytime, An F1 tour is a little more special.

I only took possession of my LF1 in the middle of April and haven't even asked the dealer yet about the F1 factory visit.

I would be more inclined to do a group visit with more LF1 owners and would appreciate it if you could push for this.

I will be contacting Lotus shortly and one of the things I was going to mention is trying to get a group of new LF1 owners to do the factory visit in one go. Also to mention the F1 visit for when the season has ended. So if anyone else in interested add your name to this thread,

moorpowerltd, kosmo and me, that makes 3 so far.....

Edited by PaulLF1