Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bilstein Dampers - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Bilstein Dampers

Hi I have just taken my 1998 V8 SE out for its first ride this year ,and would you believe the front damper has failed.

Now you are  probably saying ,not unusual,but please bear in mind that I had all the dampers and springs changed in Oct 2007 to eibach springs and bilstein dampers .

Please bear in mind that I have only done 5500 miles in this time and it is never out in the rain and garaged all winter.

Has anyone else had experience of bilstein dampers failing,am I right to be aggreived at so little mileage

post-842-0-96490600-1430835291.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, one big pot-hole could damage a shock... but I usually see about 60k miles before I feel a damper start to wear out.

Who did you buy them from?

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

I purchased and had them fitted by Stratton Motor Company(not that I am blaming them}along with the Eibach springs as recommended.

Also worth noting cost of a pair of front  dampers in 2007 £254 plus VAT the price now is £500 inc VAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Perhaps this is how Lotus plan to get back into profit!

Some clown fitted them to my Sport 350.

I thought they were shockingly (see what I did there?) poor quality and replaced them toot sweet with a full set of adjustable bad boys from PNM....... which were a f**k load more expensive, but much better quality.