Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Live video streaming? - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Live video streaming?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I'll use ramjet,

Will this work on my Samsung phone?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Thanks Bibs! I've just followed you.

I'm glad you like the app. We're very proud of it, and have some big plans for improving it in the coming weeks. Do let me know if you have any suggestions.

I click to tick 'image stabilisation' when I set it up and just going back to the settings under profile it's a red cross again. Is this not persistent? Being a handheld I'd like that feature on most of the time I'm sure?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

That's a very good point. To be honest, I added that feature a few months ago as a quick test, and we never managed to reach a decision about what to do with it. On some devices, it makes the image very laggy, so it's hard to track moving targets. That's why it's not enabled by default. Some of the team questioned whether it should stay on until you choose to switch it off, and I agree it should.

Now that you've prodded me I'll try to fix it this week, which means it could hit the App Store in about 2 weeks.

Looking forward to seeing this as I am stuck at home with a broken leg so can't go this year.

Signed up as 'whirlybird'

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE !

I'm LauraLotus, I don't have a huge data allowance on my phone, I assume this app will eat it up when streaming video?

I can't find a setting to turn the sound off, even though my phone is turned to silent it's blipping an playing music is the globe screen.

Great app though, really like the idea

Hi Laura,

We're trying to keep the data usage to a minimum, but if you're concerned about it, there is an option to upload only on wifi. Of course that might mean you won't be broadcasting live. The clip will upload the next time you open the app while you're on wifi.

it's a shame the mute switch doesn't work. I assume this is on iPhone? Apple have made it difficult if not impossible to do all of the things we need with recording etc while respecting the mute switch.

Thanks for the great feedback!

BTW, typical usage is 3-5 MB per minute, so not bad if you keep it fairly brief.

I'm on 2 GB per month, and I'm using the app CONSTANTLY while testing it. Hope that give you some idea.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Yes, I've got an old iPhone. The noises aren't too annoying, just the first thing I always do with new apps!

I did see the wifi only setting, again it would be good if the settings were remembered each time the app is used.

Hope you don't think I'm being critical, it's a great app just nice to be able to give feedback directly to someone involved in the development.

• Gold FFM

My bloody phone won't search for MyEye. It breaks the word up into My eye and I get all sorts of crap. Grrr.

Well I just went to the forum on my phone and used the link that way. It reports that the app is not compatible with my phone. Oh well. Photos will have to do me.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Yeah. I have a Samsung Gt-i900. I think that is the model.

Sorry, I misread your post. Unfortunately, making the app work with literally thousands of different Android devices is incredibly difficult. Hopefully, we'll be able to increase the number of supported phones in the future.

I must admit I know very little about Android stuff. A couple of the other guys in the office deal with that stuff.

Did anybody notice David Beckham was live on MyEye a couple of hours ago? I think this thing could get big quite quickly!