Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Indicator audible ticks - Page 3 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Indicator audible ticks

I found mine just to the left of centre of the car on the passenger side. Put your hand up behind the dash (near the top) and you should feel the 2 relays with some wiring emerging from the base of them on the passenger side.

As others have said, you either need to do it from the passenger side with the door open or as I did, lay across the seats with your legs out of the drivers side and put your left hand right up behind the dash. With your hand behind the dash, feel along towards the rear of the car nearest to your head, if you see what I mean, and you should find them.

Edited by Spinney

2 hours ago, Edison Ngu said:

Is it just me that not sure if I have locate the correct location? :(

anyone in London have done it? 

need help please. 

Swapped mine over today, used an inspection camera so took 5 mins.

If you've got a phone with a front facing camera place this in the passenger foot well, you can then use this to guide your hand into position.

IMAG1107.jpg.c40d2f11584b80b8d867828abd3

IMAG1091.jpg.89734f12c734b3e5cd91f5ee4d4

Old unit removed

IMAG1093.jpg.bc9c74a827326266fa3a8a0ef6d

Old and new unit

IMAG1095.jpg.225ef62e26ac31bbc936e6b174d

New unit installed

IMAG1096.jpg.334528130178439c0808ed4d0c0

Edited by quantum2000
  • Like 1

Can you not just use the iPhone without the GoPro? I just tried mine with the front facing camera and a torch and I could see the two relays quite clearly, albeit you need to have your head in the passenger footwell.

On 30/1/2016 at 18:15, Spinney said:

Right, so all I need now is an aircon button where I can see its actually switched on in anything other than total darkness and I'm good to go! ;)

Couldn't agree with you more! All the backlit buttons on the Exige dash as so hard to read it's just ridiculous.

I managed to lay across the passengers seat and actually get my head behind the dash to see what I was doing, took me about 30 seconds to swap, but then I do have the build of a racing snake. :P Sorry, no-one likes a show off! :blush:

Thanks to everyone in this thread for pointing this out, great simple improvement. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ArthouseCompany said:

Thanks. Just ordered.

By the way: The new Exige 350 Sport also has new switches/buttons for air condition and lights, probably the black plastic buttons from the Evora.

Anyone know if the A/C Heater switches can be swapped over with the 350 Sport part?

www.alias23.com

6 hours ago, alias23 said:

Anyone know if the A/C Heater switches can be swapped over with the 350 Sport part?

I think the answer is a big fat No. It can obviously be done but it is far from straightforward. I think DR Pitts asked when he went on his review, hopefully he will spot this and tell us different but i wouldn't get excited. 

6 hours ago, ArthouseCompany said:

The answer is a big fat yes,:) I think it's possible, these are only simple plastic switches fitted with a nut, nothing more, but I don't know if Lotus sells switches separately. 

lox8qybg.jpg

rdptqjsw.jpg

2wgsgzs4.jpg

That looks all much better... Lotus should offer a chargeable recall upgrade on those or something!

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Just had a check on Deroure and the 4x switches are just under £50 each and we probably need x5 -

2x heated seats 

1x AC

1x Recirculation

1x heated rear screen

So around  £250 which is pretty pricey for some little switches in my book anyway!

Screenshot_2016-02-05-07-20-19.png

Ah, don't think my screenshot turned out too good... any suggestions?

Edited by Dewarcraig

Only thing - you're all just looking at the centre panel. The heated rear windscreen is on the tunnel, so if you change that, you'll also need to change the other switches on there. Further that, you have the 'old style' lights controls on the right, which means you're going to be a whole big bag of mixed sweets. IMO either go full out, or not at all. I would LOVE those buttons, and can afford them. But IMO too much bother. I rarely run without the aircon and the recalculation switches off/resets each time you restart the engine. So - i'm happy enough. 

1 hour ago, Kalli said:

I would LOVE those buttons, and can afford them. But IMO too much bother.

I think I have to agree. I'd love the new buttons too, but I don't think I'm that bothered by the fact that I can never see whether my A/C is on or not, because I'm just too busy getting the buzz I get from the power and litheness of the car ;)

I'd happily change just the aircon button and leave the rest. The switch doesn't look that dissimilar to make a big difference to how the panel looks. As said, the recirc button resets anyway when you turn off and I think my backside will know whether or not the seat heaters are on, so I think I'll give Bell & Colvill a call to order the switch.

Actually, I wonder if it's possible to use the push button like the one I had in my old Elise and if it's any cheaper??? That one looked similar in size but had a bright blue centre light to show when it was on and was very visible even in bright sunlight.

Can anybody tell me how to remove the panel to gain access please?

On 4 February 2016 at 23:45, ArthouseCompany said:

The answer is a big fat yes,:) I think it's possible, these are only simple plastic switches fitted with a nut, nothing more, but I don't know if Lotus sells switches separately. 

lox8qybg.jpg

rdptqjsw.jpg

2wgsgzs4.jpg

Slight thread drift here - my air on buttons are on the bottom and the heated seats on the top row - the opposite to the picture above. Typical Lotus consistency!

your switches are placed right, don't know where this picture is from (maybe from a Lotus Prototype).

I got my CF-14 Flasher today and it simply works. Thanks again ! I was using my iPhone front facing camera to locate it.  Maybe this graphic helps you:

You've to replace the smaller Italian unit behind the German "Wehrle" unit with this Chinese (?) unit in our British cars LOL   

v9gthu6f.jpg

Edited by ArthouseCompany

On 6/2/2016 at 17:23, ArthouseCompany said:

your switches are placed right, don't know where this picture is from (maybe from a Lotus Prototype).

Yup, I can confirm that. Here's a pic of mine (taken at night to add a bit of diversity :) ) and the air buttons are also at the bottom. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

Okay now this is wierd. I'm sure that the back lighting on the temperature, fan speed and distribution knobs don't light up on mine, only the four buttons. I assumed they were all like that but clearly not!!

I thought that mine didnt light up but they do.

The lights in and around the dials are quite dim to start with, if you then dim the dash lighting they become dimmer still or completely turn off depending on how much you dim the dash lights. I generally run with my dash lights a little dimmer during winter months which in turn means the heating controls are no longer illuminated. I'm sure if you turn up the dash lights the heater control lights will turn on.