Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anyone doing the Hethel day with LoT 25/07 - Trackdays - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone doing the Hethel day with LoT 25/07

TonyKL

Wondering about booking this day and maybe heading up the night before.  Don't fancy being billy no mates so wondering if anyone else has plans to do the same?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also going this Saturday.From the L-o-T website, it looks like there are still 4 slots available.

I've not seen an Evora on track look forward to that, see you there will be in a Storm Titanium Elise.

I've not seen an Evora on track look forward to that, see you there will be in a Storm Titanium Elise.

Judging from Bedford a couple of weeks ago, I should be able to pass you on the straights. But you'll regain it all in the corners. (And I'll still be on road tyres). :(

See you at the brief.

Even though I've done a fair few trackdays and a bit of one to one training away from the track, still learning, tracks change with conditions be it weather or surfaces, different cars can mean different lines are possible.

Think it's even more so important in a track you've never been too.

Normally there is corner or two that I am not confident with and the tuition sorts that as we focus in that area :)

Yes, have driven the track before but was a while ago and not in the V6

Likewise.

I've not been around Hethel yet but I generally always sign up for tuition whenever I go on a trackday. Every day is a training day!

• Like 2

Well, I had a great day yesterday. The Evora really is a very, very capable car on track. (It will be even better when I manage to sort out a set of track wheels and Avon ZZRs).

My (shortened) training session was definitely worthwhile. It helped to shave at least 5 seconds off my lap times. Afterwards, I was going past most cars (including the Exige V6s)... ;)

My first time out on track with the V6, I had a training session late in the afternoon - just before the rain, was very helpful.

Although having a puncture on track before lunch and luckily a new tyre fitted I was a little concerned about it.

Think you came past me when I was having my training session as Danny commented saying you were a good driver.

Enjoyed the training but I find it very difficult to drive and take in what is being said at the same time  :secret:

I had a great day enjoyed the track met some more Lotus drivers, I am less keen on how the 111R delivers it's power on the second cam so you are hammered for being in the wrong gear out of corners :) was quite a noticable difference on track to my S more so than I thought, and I just didn't have the confidence in the car to carry more speed through the corners so need to work on that too.

The Evora looked great on track and after I'd let you past was able to see it really is pretty good in the corners, stick ZZR on be even better.

TonyKl sorry to hear you had a puncture that is bad luck!

TonyKl sorry to hear you had a puncture that is bad luck!

Thanks, yes very bad luck, at least the tyres are new so only needed to really replace the damaged one, though costly.

I'll be on the LoT Spa day on the same day... fingers crossed.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel