Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Giugiaro Turbo meet - Hethel 3rd October - Page 4 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Giugiaro Turbo meet - Hethel 3rd October

The Pits

I really hope we can do better than that. But if there isn't enough interest it won't happen simple as that. I will be press ganging owners at the weekend and happy to broaden it to a Giugiaro Turbo meet but wanted to see how many dry sumps that were willing to show up first.

That would be a shame.  i am only about 25 Miles from the factory so i will probably drive up anyway just for a look.

I shall be going regardless Phil, so even if it's just four of us it would be fine by me!

For those new to the thread we are planning a Giugiaro Turbo get together at Hethel on 3rd October. There will be an opportunity to lap the test track with Magnitude track days.

http://www.magnitude-events.co.uk/shop/heritage-track-day/

Please register your interest here and we can get an idea of numbers. Hopefully we can get a decent turn out.

I may be able to make this, may be moving house that weekend ( sole reason is to get a garage for the car! the wife will tell you different though!)

I may be able to to tie this in with getting the head lining sorted up at Mr Fulchers 

Do you expect me to talk........ No Mr Bond I expect you to die!

• 2 weeks later...

Annoyingly (and somewhat embarassingly) it's looking unlikely that I'll be able to make the Hethel day now. I need to get something checked out on my car, hopefully minor but I'd rather not risk another long journey until it has been given the all clear. The issue is really that Gerald has a long queue, Sportomotive are moving to Bounemouth, the best Paul Matty can do is end of Sept, Lotus Motorsport (which would have been perfect) are booked through to November. I've got a day pencilled at Paul Matty for 28th Sept but if it's a bigger job Oct 3rd is looking unlikely.

Obviously fingers crossed for a quick fix and all will be well. But that's the latest anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you all know.

Current state of play with my car is its still in bits but progressing.  Currently I can not guarantee being ready for the 3rd.  I am still hoping very much to get there but not sure at the moment.

I won't know for sure until next week if my car will be ready in time unfortunately, which is highly embarassing given this was my idea, but it's very unlikely that it will be.

I've had to wait this long to find anyone available to have a look at it.

I reluctantly vote for postponing until next year also. Perhaps we could arrange a G Turbo line-up at next year's TLF event?

I really wanted to do this as the car is running really well and would love meet everyone as i have only managed to make the gathering at Mercedes Benz so far. Life has transpired agianst me and as predicted I am moving on the 1st October. I will look out for any other meets for G cars. Could we orgainse a track day some where just for G serise cars in the spring?

Do you expect me to talk........ No Mr Bond I expect you to die!

Two of us at least.

Although I might be in the Excel

I have a sticking throttle on the Esprit - tis off to GST on Monday, hope to collect on Saturday on the way to Hethel :)

Wow you are on good terms with Gerald Chris - quite right too! I couldn't get to see him for love nor money!

Afternoon folks, sorry to hear some of you are experiencing issues with your Esprit, It looks to be a good turn out for the last event of the season with a variety of 30 cars booked online for the track event. If you haven't booked up for the track event and you still want to come you do need to book online to secure your place. If you are just coming along for the meet you also need to book online under the Classic and retro meet section of the site. For those of you that have booked we look forward to welcoming you to Hethel on the 3rd!

i also had in mind to come over from Holland, because i must take a look to a car inside the UK. so i could also join this very nice meeting,

but i have a concert of my fav. band, its the last year they are playing, and this is also the last event! so i dont can mis this,

(they are playing allready 40 years!) just even long as a esprit!

next time i will be there, maby when i go to the UK i could meet up with some guy's here on the forum, should be nice if you ask me!