Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hants meet up - Page 11 - UK - Hampshire - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hants meet up

Bibs

I was going to come along to this meeting now that the engine is back in and it's taxed & tested but I don't normally get back home from the office until 19.30 or so which would mean that I'd be getting down to the Drift Inn a little after 21.00. Hardly any time for a drink and a chat before I'd be setting off for home again so I probably won't make it.

If the next meeting is in The Queens Inn at Dummer as mentioned above I'd be along as that's a lot more "do-able" on a weekday evening for me, and as you say maybe Pete G could get along as well.

Have fun, and take some photos!

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

Actually Paul I risked being thrown out of the gang by turning up in my Lancia, I was counting on your vote to keep me in!

Fortunately I was not sent home to go and get my proper car on this occasion. I thought you might like to see the Integrale, but the Esprit is going to the next one even if I have to push it!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Given what I wrote above about pushing the Esprit I might need another week or so to get the wheels back from Paul Matty....

20 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

Any thoughts on a suitable date for October?

I am up for pretty much anytime Oct.

How about we invite the Lotus mob to our Lancia meet Paul? We're nice like that.

;)

Would be great to meet up. Please let me know the details and location. Only just joined as only picked up the 400 last weekend. Live in the New Forest and happy to travel to say hello!!

Edited by CaterhamPorky
  • Like 1

It would be great to have an E400 along and it's nice to know there's one in the neighbourhood. 

But it's probably for the best that Dibden Dave doesn't come along this time, an E400 in the car park won't do his crisp packet problem any good at all ;)

Yes there's a good chance the wheels will be back on the Turbo by then, but I'll believe it when I see it. Just being very lazy I'll say the Drift Inn again but happy to consider somewhere else if everyone prefers.

• Gold FFM

Nice to e-meet you Nick.

Jonny (The Pits) is absolutely right.  I'd be in a 400 (a 410 ideally) if I could square the circle on the finances, so seeing one locally would only get me thinking (again) about how I could achieve this (I really can't just now).

Pop on over to the Introductions thread and say "Hello" to the rest of the TLFers.  Make sure you post some pictures, list your spec etc though, as otherwise you'll get inundated with responses asking for them :P

Doubly gutted I can't make this now.

• Gold FFM

Hi Nick! I look forward to seeing you (and the car) too.

Since Dave can't make it, Paul could probably do with a week to sort out his water pump and none of us believe Jonny's wheels will be ready this week, should we make it the following week? Tuesday 25th? I only suggested the 18th because SWMBO was going to be away. That is now cancelled, so she will see (and hear) me sneak out whenever it is.

Drift Inn is fine with me.

Good call Kevin, can you do the 25th Dave?

Here are the directions for the Drift again, just in case Nick hasn't been there before.

http://www.driftinn.co.uk/find-Drift-Inn-pub/

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Guess this is part of the ownership experience. Just checked my diary and can make 25th Oct.

I know the meeting place, so I will see you all there. I will be the bloke with a massive grin on his face. This car is brilliant. Caterham Cars COO and CEO are very grumpy with me not buying a 620s.........but this Evora is just on another level. And that noise!!! I seem to drive everywhere with the windows down and the exhaust valves open. 

• Like 1

Kevin your enthusiasm can't be faulted! I am planning to get my wheels tomorrow as it happens :whistle: 

So next week works better for me, as will the car with some bloody wheels! 

Plus there's Dibden Dave. Which isn't a remotely suitable nickname for a stealth grey Evora driving black ops Navy Seal Brexpert turned film industry mover and shaker (which is probably just a cover for more black ops anyway).

:ph34r: