Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How does an esprit end up with 5 previous owners in less than 3 years from new? - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

How does an esprit end up with 5 previous owners in less than 3 years from new?

arbell9

Hi All,

got my V5 document through today and it give previous owner info and numbers of owners, a total of 5 previous owners

However my service book states the guy who registered the car new in may 2000 transferred the car to the second onwer in may 2001, who then transferred it to the third owner in april 2003. This is the last registered keep on the V5 document. The service book record is stamped with the Kings dealer Stamp for initial sale and first transfer.

Where are the other two owners? Has the DVLA got it wrong? Could it be dealers who bought the car? Should I try and track the previous owners down in the phone book to verify its history?

The stamped service history is as follows:

After sales at 990 miles 06/00

A service 4502 miles 06/01

B service 8204 miles 06/02

A service 13632 miles 04/03 (when owner 3 bought it)

Time period service 16745 miles 04/04

Time period service 18391 miles 04/05 (only 1646 in 1 year!)

Time period service 19073 miles 02/06 (only 682 miles in 10 months !!!!!!!!!!!)

Time period service 19289 miles 11/06 ( Chris Neil service when I bought it)

cheers

Alex

PS : what service would you guys recommend next A or B??

5 mins after posting ....Just read the little guideance booklet that came with the new registration document. For

Edited by Alex --GT3--

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that the car CN had until a few weeks ago that was the last GT3 made ?

Yes that it is that car, I got it mid november. Its top banana and I have had great service from CN so far. They have fixed two gemlins so far without hassles.

A.

I saw it a few times when I was in and out of CNs having my 350 fixed. If it's not wet tomorrow I shall pay them a visit to have a look at new beast.

Right then, said Fred.

I saw it a few times when I was in and out of CNs having my 350 fixed. If it's not wet tomorrow I shall pay them a visit to have a look at new beast.

Are you coming on the NMEG sunday on on the 7th?

Alex,

A trader may have registered it in his name in between private ownerships. Worth getting the full history from DVLA. Its quite a good report - it revealed that mine had 5 changes of registration during its previous ownership which was fully detailed on the report, helping me to make sense of the service records which came with the car.

Sorry I won't be able to join you on Sunday's hoon - family duties call.

Adrian,

You're not thinking of changing the Noble already are you?

Alex,

If your car hasn't had a cambelt change yet, I would look to do a C service as it will be 6-7 years old without a cambelt change. Lotus recommend 4 years or 24K which ever come first.

Dave Walters

Has it ever had a private plate or personalised reg?

Every time the plate is changed the DVLA add another owner on the log book! - Don't ask me why but it could be the reason the number of owners doesn't tally.

HTH.

Every time the plate is changed the DVLA add another owner on the log book! - Don't ask me why but it could be the reason the number of owners doesn't tally.

HTH.

You sure? :blink:

HTH.

I bought an everyday runabout car last year which had a personalised plate on it but it didnt change the number of owners wehn the plate was put on or when it was taken off to replace it with the origonal number for the car :blink:

HTH.

Not true

I have private plates on both my cars and the number of owners doesn't change when you change the plate.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

I will get the full history just to know. It did have a private plate before but that was for the 3rd owner so it still would leave leave 1 unaccounted for.

What is the average cost of a C-service with Cam Belt Change anyone for a 2l GT3??

A.

I will get the full history just to know. It did have a private plate before but that was for the 3rd owner so it still would leave leave 1 unaccounted for.

What is the average cost of a C-service with Cam Belt Change anyone for a 2l GT3??

A.

Main dealer price is

Right then, said Fred.

Guys - sorry if this is a daft question / I'm going blind / I'm being stupid / or something else*, but where on the DVLA website would I find details of this "For

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Guys - sorry if this is a daft question / I'm going blind / I'm being stupid / or something else*, but where on the DVLA website would I find details of this "For
Edited by Alex --GT3--

Alex,

Chris Neil should have done it i guess. Your car has only done 20k hasn't it? So it should have been done either 36 months old(2 years ago) or Neils will have done it anyway.....give them a ring. Paul in service should know.......unless you have got a C service stamped in your book.

Simon.

Alex - i sat in your car when it was new, unregistered at Kings in warwick in their showroom. In fact, i did a deal with alastair barton (who later worked at nick whales) to buy the car, agreed over the phone late one friday night. I rang them back on sat morning to be told the car was already sold (complete bollocks, but alastairs boss, can't remember his name, was a dodgy fucker and also an utter wanker). To this day i don't think it was actually already sold - just that he thought he could get more for it elsewhere.

I ended up buying a (then) 2 yr old gt3, also green, from chris neils. I was not at all upset when kings went bust and closed.

When the car was in the showroom, it didn't have the spoiler on. This was i think fitted by the first owner.

:P Changed the plate on my esprit a few months ago and yes, it gained another owner!!

Why do some simple things turn into a complicated mess?

Suppose its time to write the letter........................... :P

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?