Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
oil pressure probleme - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

oil pressure probleme

betasx

hello,

good year!!!

i'm french and i have a probleme with my esprit (sorry for my english)

i have a probleme with the oil pressure gauge.

i start the car: the gauge is to 0

I accelerate and the needle goes up has bottom and remains blocked.

when I stop the car, the needle remains also blocked and I must tap on the gauge to make it go down again

thank you for your answers

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems you have a problem with the gauge, so check it with a manual system, if you don

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

when I accelerate, the indicator of huille also ignites then dies out !!!

Hi

I think i am right by saying that your pressure gauge uses a different feed than your oil pressure light (which is just a on/off type switch),so if your oil light comes on first thing i would do is check my oil level, it may be really badly low.The oil pressure gauge is probaly just a knackered gauge and it may be a coincidence that you have a problem with both the gauge and light.I of course stand to be corrected. :D

Cheers

Nick

Simplest things first.

I have spare parts then I tested another sensor, I tested on another pressure gauge, I checked the mass too. The oil level is at least and always more than 7 bars.

I changed oil filter too

I does not understand any more what occurs !!! :)

what can make increase the oil pressure ?

with how much is it normally cold?

thank's

I have spare parts then I tested another sensor, I tested on another pressure gauge, I checked the mass too. The oil level is at least and always more than 7 bars.

I changed oil filter too

thank's

Blooming heck are you sure about the 7 bars???????? sounds a trifle high to me.

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.

I changed oil filter too

thank's

Something could be a failed pressure release valve ( I assume we have one, most oil pumps do). If it sticks closed it will not release the excess presure, having a high oil pressure at start up is "normal" with a stuck valve, the oil is thick and so not escaping from the oilways quickly.

Andy

Edited by andydclements

Maybe have a look at the oil filter too. A plugged or collapsed filter will build pressure until the bypass opens up. This has been rumoured to be a problem in the Ferrari world with Mobil 1's synthetic reformulation. Something about the additive package eating up a certain brand of oil filter or the like.

I'd change the filter first though and then look for a blockage or restriction in the circulation system. Obviously you've confirmed with a known tested gauge that these indeed are true pressures being taken off of the engines sampling port.

Steve

I think you have a short in the wire that runs from the gauge to the sender unit (its going to ground).

Or the wire has been incorrectly connected to a ground.

Some types of gauge will also give a very high reading if the live supply is connected, but the wire to the sender is disconnected (the type that are grounded through there housings)

In fact it could also be the gauge housing has a bad ground (earth)

Also make sure all the connections to the gauge and sender are clean, corrosion free and tight.

That much oil pressure from cold would cause your filter to balloon and rupture!

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg