Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 Reviews & Videos - Page 13 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 Reviews & Videos

DaveC72

• Gold FFM

@pickle and @Ccd

Is the rear visibility poor? Yes

Is it a problem? No

I drive a van and the only time you really want rear visibility is reversing, the backup camera sorts that issue. Rear 3/4 visibility is more of a problem, but it's no worse than my Z4M Coupe, an AuDi TT with the roof up, a F type Coupe etc...

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Never had a problem with rear visibility and I'm not the most ambidextrous kid on the block!

An slighty angled T junction to the right, waiting pull out to go right and trying to see what is coming from the left - yup - that's a ball ache. But rear. nah, perfectly fine and usually just an Oooodi TT front grill fading into obscurity / the distance anyway ;)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Colin G said:

I kind of just zipped through that a bit as at work, but did the 'test' just consist of driving up and down a straight road???

Always the best way to benchmark a Lotus if it was! :lol:

Its a very amateurish review to be honest much like all his other reviews that he does on his own NA Evora.   I thought I'd add it to the thread though seeing as reviews on the Evora 400 are pretty few and far between and at the very least its shot with a nice quality camera.

There's also a great shot of the cup holder, which I know some of you current owners were getting a bit excited about not so long ago ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, good news for Lotus. Funny how R&T don't really make much mention of price in the report and you have too look very closely at the small print to find out, but the winning NSX is double the Evora 400. I'm still not sold on the NSX's looks either. Even the original one looked a bit too American for my taste, particularly at the back.

Lotus could sure use a bit of this kind of glowing reviews more often. Sure it is the slowest car and the least powerful so people will diss it as being slow... so what, if it brings you the most pleasure. A podium for the Evora is no small praise when in this kind of company... I have to say.

Edited by NedaSay

4 hours ago, JayEmm said:

Very interesting, a number of reviewers I have seen haven't seemed that fussed by the NSX

Yup R&T is at odds with most other major outlets that only described the NSX has a P1 minus and not the greatest sportscar cause of weight.... However most journos are really craving for the rumoured NSX type R without all the hybrid components, sometimes that kind of rumour doesn't help. Besides the NSX has huge boots to fill ... Still  I trust Jack Baruth assessments on most cars he tests so there's that.

• 2 weeks later...

Well if they don't sell them they will not be able to blame the US press for lack of coverage cause they keep on coming, here's CNET Roadshow's take on the Evora 400 with a nice video:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/auto/2017-lotus-evora-400/review/

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 1

On 1 November 2016 at 20:33, nerobi said:

The last 2 paragraphs of this review pretty much explains my 20 years of Lotus ownership! If only I could get my mates to read it!

6 hours ago, NedaSay said:

Well if they don't sell them they will not be able to blame the US..

..Because Lotus still has not actually built any of the cars the USA customers have pre-ordered...   *stares at empty garage*

29 minutes ago, Ccd said:

Has Lotus shipped any manual 400s to the USA?

Yeh, Adam Spas of West Covina Lotus has been spamming the facebook groups :lol: 

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

Interesting video, I am not sure Alex fought the Evoras corner as we'll as he could have. I'd say it's just as practical as the Vette. I also wonder why they did not do a lap time comparison? Waste of a good track!

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)

Not a very thorough review of the 2 cars and call the Evora impractical is bonkers. Back seats are perfect for kids or bags and the boot is certainly not to be sniffed at. Does that Vette have the same overheating issue as the z06? No mention of cheap materials etc. No lap time comparison!?!? 

I actually really like that vette but the piece was poor.

• Gold FFM

@Stuno1 I agree. The regular Vette doesn't have overheating issues, only the Z06 auto does I believe.

I can't fathom how they would go to the effort of getting those two cars, a crew, a racetrack, all this together and basically not really cover anything.

It was at Gingerman raceway which is where the Evora launch happened, I wonder if they filmed it at the same time and I wonder if there was a restriction in place preventing them from doing much competitive testing... seems odd, though.

As a content producer myself it winds me up because they had huge resources and squandered the opportunity. 

James Martin (JayEmm)