Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Roll Pins fitting Selector Cross Shaft - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Roll Pins fitting Selector Cross Shaft

Hi,

I have some proplems fitting the 2 roll pins which connect the operating finger and the selector cross shaft. If I'm right the sizes are 7 and 4 mm with a length of 25 mm.

I Took it (rear housing of the gearbox) apart because of renewing the selector cross shaft seal which was leaking.

Any tips or trics for fitting them?

Esprit Freak

you can grind a cone on the end as well.

I don't remember the size...  Sorry.  I also don't remember having much trouble?

P4110180.JPG

P4110182.JPG

P4110183.JPG

Oh maybe I did have trouble.. notice the extra roll pins on the ground.

P4170193.JPG

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Ths info, pins are fitted they already had a cone. Made a thick washer with a 7 mm hole and fitted the big pin into it and then into the arm/shaft. Had fun (problems) with removing the washer once the pin was partly into the arm/shaft but managed to do it. Small piece of wood between the arm and the washer and driving the pin in further.

• Like 1

Esprit Freak

• 2 weeks later...

Please, some of you have the dimensions of the oil seal to the end of the selector cross ?

Thanks,

Feijucho.

• 2 weeks later...

The oil ring dimensions are:  18X26x4.5 mm  and this is standard oil ring. Also, standard part from Renault, like Freek write. 

Regards to all.

Feijucho.