Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
300 sport shifter reinforcement - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

300 sport shifter reinforcement

Hey will a 300 sport gear change shifter reinforcement plate that strengthens the chassis around the hole for the gear stick fit an 89 turbo?  And still allow me to shift?  Just aware the later cars had reduced shifting travel between gears...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't I drill out holes like the below?  (Taken from  the fantastic no25 s300 rebuild thread).  I just bought this....  http://www.ebay.com/itm/331673630269?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D331673630269%26_rdc%3D1

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I suspect there's more to the later chassis than just a few extra bolt holes around the aperture but since I haven't seen one I do not know for sure.

A titanium reinforcing plate will have about half the stiffness of the OE plate if it's the same thickness.

Arn't there two stiffening bars, one each side, under stiffening plate (the bolted one), inside the chassis tunnel?

And secondly: Do the two stiffening bars, part no. 9 on the Lotus drawing (as in the fleabay add) exist on this model (sprot300), only, or can they be retrofitted to any car, say a 1990 Esprit turbo SE?

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

There is a welded in diagonal instead of the bolt on bracing strut (LH part no. A082A4315F, RH part no. A082A4316F) on the SE chassis. I think this was one of the Eagle chassis changes as the parts manual refers to "front box to backbone gussets".