Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
0014C - Page 6 - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

0014C

JPohja

Im not sure since the company who sprayed it also powder coated it at the same time! Apparently they use this method on north sea structures so I reckon it will last indefinitely with both coatings

I guess hot dip galvanising will have the crystallised type appearance were zinc spraying will just end up silver

On 29.8.2016 at 21:05, JPohja said:

There was some kind of meeting last Saturday. I like it blue, all rest like it red ;)Lotus3.jpg

We were in same place. My Esprits spoiler is next to silver one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How longs a piece of string Jukka,  You need much more info on the engine,  Like has it been rebuilt, normally the carbs have been sold as they make decent money as they can be retro fitted to any another car like the vw golf boys etc.   Is the inlet manifold still fitted ?   How long has it been standing, how has it been stored.  I personally would never purchase a Used lotus 900 engine unless i had seen it running.  Unless i intended to do a full rebuild.

Lotus bits sells them for around 700 sterling.  But remember he is a dealer and may offer some sort of warranty ?  Two 900 engines on ebay uk at the moment around the same price as above which is why they have been on there for ages as its too pricey for an unknown incomplete unit. :)

Unless this 2.0 has had serious money spent on it i would not offer much especially with it been  the 2.0,  probably 300 to 350 euros tops imo depending on condtion, maybe less depending what it looks like.   

A

Thanks, I backed from that buy. Inlet manifold was there and exhaust manifold. It looks like never been opened, purchased 10 years ago from England. It turns.

Seller asked 1575€ and 575€ for 2.2l crankshaft. Bit pricey...

That price is a joke for that kind of money Jukka you could get a very tidy used  running 2.2 from Lotusbits especially given the exchange rate to the euro at the moment mate :)

A

I am the same Jukka but the other way around as i have never driven the 2.0 :P  Looking at the stats on lotus esprit world, and take those stats with a pinch of salt as some of the figures from that site are known to be not 100 percent correct.

It lists the 2.0 esprit engine at 160 bhp and the  2.2 at 160 bhp ,  the difference is the torque as its 140 Lb ft on the 2.0 and 160 Lb ft on the 2.2.

I expected the bhp figures to be different to be honest :ermm:  

A

• Gold FFM

Having had bot the 2.0 and the 2.2 you can certainly feel the difference in the torque.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

If I am looking from top of the engine is nr 1 cylinder rich or left?

Engine idles fine but it has 20 deg advance when vacuum connected. With out vacuum 10 deg. Revs nice.

Something is not right but don't figure it out..