Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1979 Lotus Elite Gold - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1979 Lotus Elite Gold

soldave

Oh how I would love a gold Elite along with the time and money to restore it!

I think Gold is the ultimate colour for the Esprit S2 in particular. But perhaps that 70's metallic brown is even better for an Elite.

Go on Gareth - you pushed me hard enough :P

Typical swine that this turns up about half an hour after I do the deal on mine (in Hull) and this is about 1.5hrs away.

Think (hope?!) it needs a bit more work than mine though - will be interesting to see what it makes in the end.......

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

10 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

£1700 - Gareth. did you dare?

no I bloomin missed it..........I was in the pub with no signal......

I think Im going to struggle at the minute too........hoping to move house soon and the new pad only has a single garage at the mo......

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

I dont think 1700 is all that cheap for an S1 that hasn't run since 19oatcake and isn't on a galv chassis.

Sure prices are rising, and the days of £400 cars are well behind us, but don't underestimate the potential costs of refurbing a car that has sat for 10 years - especially if your not able to do the work yourself.

if the buyer of this finds a corroded chassis - he would have been better spending 5+K on a good car that he can use right now.

• Like 1

having 'restored' a few cars......you never get your money back...for me its the enjoyment of putting it back together and getting it useable......

• Like 2

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5.11.2015, 13:47:09, theelanman said:

having 'restored' a few cars......you never get your money back...for me its the enjoyment of putting it back together and getting it useable......

thats true.....

purchase price 1700,-

+ new chassis 1000,-€

+ professional spray-job 1500-2000

+ suspension  and brake refurb 1000,-€

plus...plus ...plus...

and not calculated the labour costs!!!