Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Komo-Tec Exige S EX460 - Page 12 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Komo-Tec Exige S EX460

The RS was very difficult to get thats why I went for it... the allocation for most dealerships for 2018 (and the car will only be built in 2018) was only a little higher than what they got in GT2 RS ... (5 vs 6 e.g. in one case for example...) 

You never know if there will be more later on in the year but its worth it ;-) ... might be a keeper as well if it is the last N/A RS ... 

13 hours ago, NW76 said:

Jokke: believe it or not ... just got confirmation for a 991.2 GT3 RS that I pre ordered some time ago ... will also keep my Exige, no question. The RS will be driven in parallel but probably not much on track ... the Exige is my track toy and its there to stay ?

You are very very lucky... in the UK you have to pretty much sell your soul and its likely you still won't get an allocation from Porsche :(

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

22 minutes ago, alias23 said:

You are very very lucky... in the UK you have to pretty much sell your soul and its likely you still won't get an allocation from Porsche :(

Its the same here ... my soul is sold now and more ... 

On 26.1.2018 at 08:33, NW76 said:

The RS was very difficult to get thats why I went for it... the allocation for most dealerships for 2018 (and the car will only be built in 2018) was only a little higher than what they got in GT2 RS ... (5 vs 6 e.g. in one case for example...) 

You never know if there will be more later on in the year but its worth it ;-) ... might be a keeper as well if it is the last N/A RS ... 

Congrats Norbert... Nice Car ?

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Interesting ... looks like laptimes are pretty close ... but certaily more to come in the GT3 ... my guess would be its a couple if seconds faster than the EX460 due to the pdk ... 

I got the opportunity yesterday to compare my 350 to an EX460 at Magny Cours. It's purely subjective. Below 4000rpm no real difference but above 4000rpm it's clearly not the same car. On this track, the difference is crazy after Estoril and the 900 meters straight line. When you are above  150- 160km/h the EX460 is much more quick. At the end of the straight line the gain is easily 30km/h.

I got the opportunity also to compare the stock suspension against the nitron 3 way. Huge difference. Stock suspension is not enough for track usage.

Last point, I see that the EX460 can follow the 3eleven. But I don't know the level of both drivers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Interesting point about the revs, in my car the torque at any revs is a really noticeable gain from the standard car.

I would agree with this - I've probably driven more different (Lotus) cars than most, though generally for short distances, and as I always try to explain it to customers, the EX460 just puts back you in the seat rolling on the throttle at any engine speed in any gear.  Plus it keeps going at the top end too!

We will soon have our own EX460 (plus JRZ, plus Reverie) demo car to be able to show people how it really feels!

I should also add that I drove an EX410 a couple of weeks ago, and that reminded me how much go they have, really quick car. And we have an EX390 here (with 46k miles on it, that drives better than some of the garage queens I've driven) which is very very rapid on A and B-roads... so don't dismiss the non-cc upgrades, particularly for a road-biased car, and get some miles on them!

Dave

Edited by Hangar 111
  • Like 2

On 01/04/2018 at 07:08, Mark030358 said:

Hi Jokke, how is the upgrade in the 380 progressing? Have KT ironed out the bugs yet?

thanks

Mark

Hi Mark.

I have checked with KT and am advised it is all sorted and working well now.

Dave

@Jokke Vlo thanks for the feedback. You are pretty spot on. So that means you are keeping both? Or are you planning to sell the Lotus?

@geartox no real need for a EX500 ... the EX460 iähas more than enough power and even more just brings more trouble and is not going to really make you faster. @Jokke Vlo wrote above what some of the remaining areas / challenges are with an EX460 with regards to laptime ... I would always fix those first ...