Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Komo-Tec Exige S EX460 - Page 16 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Komo-Tec Exige S EX460

Now we are seeing more 430 Cups out and about in the U.K. and in Europe it would be good to see how they stack up against a Komotec 460 on Track!!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 550superfast said:

I imagine the komotec cars will be a a fair bit quicker due to the torque figures  

I guess a lot would depend on what the mule car was. V6S were much heavier to start with but a 350 lighter but not sure if anyone has a 350 conversion.

Then what additional parts have been fitted to improve the handling and reduce the Weight. I don’t think just the additional torque would necessarily mean a great deal of time on the track but obviously helps.

Would be good to see a comparative test though !!

1 hour ago, Tex said:

I guess a lot would depend on what the mule car was. V6S were much heavier to start with but a 350 lighter but not sure if anyone has a 350 conversion.

Then what additional parts have been fitted to improve the handling and reduce the Weight. I don’t think just the additional torque would necessarily mean a great deal of time on the track but obviously helps.

Car is a V6S with 1130kg and 70% of Fuel. And trust me...it`s a lot quicker than a CUP430 ;-) That will not mean that a CUP430 is slow ;-)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Win911 said:

Car is a V6S with 1130kg and 70% of Fuel. And trust me...it`s a lot quicker than a CUP430 😉 That will not mean that a CUP430 is slow 😉

Presumably you are referring to the 500 and not a 460. 

Have you had a chance to drive either of the KT’s back to back with a Cup 430 to make any comparisons yet.

No one appears to have posted that information yet so remains subjective and speculation at the moment. 

I drove all the Cars... From EX460 to EX500... Cup 380 to Cup 430 and the 311 with and without Kit.

The Torque is much higher from EX500 to Cup 430 and it bites more aggressively. Some Customer Cars run with over 600Nm.

I prever the 311 with Kit and sequential Box... We will test much more Parts to make it faster and easier to handle. The Car runs OEM not with the full Potential.

6 hours ago, mark248am said:

Out of curiosity, what options do I have for my 380 Cup? Will the same +15hp kit for the 350 add 15hp on my cup?

It depends of what you will invest and use the Car for...

For B-Road Driving i would say EX430

For Track use EX460 witch chargecooler

The Rest makes no sense.

Edited by Win911
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Maxi_z said:

How would you compare the ex460 to cup 430 in performance?

I think @Win911 has answered that - the ex460 is quicker. It should be too, it has more power and lots more torque.

What we need is somebody with a 430CUP to lay down a lap time at Spa - then you will have something to compare

On 27/07/2018 at 11:01, Win911 said:

Car is a V6S with 1130kg and 70% of Fuel. And trust me...it`s a lot quicker than a CUP430 😉 That will not mean that a CUP430 is slow 😉

Presumably you are referring to the 500 and not a 460. 

Have you had a chance to drive either of the KT’s back to back with a Cup 430 to make any comparisons yet.

No one appears to have posted that information yet so remains subjective and speculation at the moment. 

A KT 460 has slightly more power and torque but unless it has had major other modifications such as light weight forged wheels , 3 way  Nitrons, 285 tyres it will not handle anywhere near as good as a Cup430. It will almost certainly weigh 50kg more so on most tracks if not all it will be slower than an 430!!

I guess at some stage someone will do a full comparison 

On 27/07/2018 at 08:12, Tex said:

If you started with one of the lightest of the lot, being a V6 Cup, then you'd have a very good base car😀

On 01/08/2018 at 23:15, Tex said:

A KT 460 has slightly more power and torque but unless it has had major other modifications such as light weight forged wheels , 3 way  Nitrons, 285 tyres it will not handle anywhere near as good as a Cup430. It will almost certainly weigh 50kg more so on most tracks if not all it will be slower than an 430!!

I guess at some stage someone will do a full comparison 

I think my car will be quite an interesting comparison with a 430 Cup, I have the same wheels, tyres, and 3 way Dampers as the 430 Cup, but have a weight penalty. I do have an LSD though which really helps out if slower corners, so I would hope with 30hp ish more, to have the advantage over a lap.

13 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

I think my car will be quite an interesting comparison with a 430 Cup, I have the same wheels, tyres, and 3 way Dampers as the 430 Cup, but have a weight penalty. I do have an LSD though which really helps out if slower corners, so I would hope with 30hp ish more, to have the advantage over a lap.

Go for it 👍 ... btw get a litblox batterie before - I am sure with your SocialMedia reach they will give you a good price 😉

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Wilbert Camshaft said:

I just discovered that the Laptime of the KomoTec EX500 with sequential Gearbox at the Hockenheimring is 1:50 :respect:- a sensationel accomplishment!

To put that in perspective: the Pole Position for the first race of the Porsche Sports Cup at the Hockenheimring 2018 was obtained by a 991 GT3 with a 1:51:40, the fastest 991 GT3RS accomplished a 1:52:330

Even the Cayman GT4 Clubsport in the Porsche Super Sports Cup on slick tires were not that fast......

PORSCHE_SUPER_SPORTS_CUP$QUALIFYING$TRAINING_GESAMT.PDF

PORSCHE_SPORTS_CUP$QUALIFYING$TRAINING_GESAMT.PDF

Actually not that surprising as the GT3 would have no more power , be a bit heavier and with similar tyres.

presumably  whoever set the Exige time was a good driver as the drivers in the Sports Cup class would be

The Cayman would be down 115 bhp and heavier so no real contest there 

On 02/08/2018 at 22:45, Schnitzel said:

If you started with one of the lightest of the lot, being a V6 Cup, then you'd have a very good base car😀

Is the V6 Cup really lighter than the later cars - or are you pulling our legs??

Edited by Five50

5 minutes ago, Five50 said:

Is the V6 Cup really lighter than the later cars - or are you pulling our legs??

Certainly the V6 Cup was light at around 1,110 kg with the 360 Cup up at 1,125 but they are still way heavier than later cars starting with the 380’s at 1,075