Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Exige Sport 350 - Page 12 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New Exige Sport 350

Stephanie

No I kept my glass engine cover. Simple reason the quote for the louvred panel was £1800! There are much cheaper ways of saving 3kg!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The one by Eltech is slightly cheaper at 1300 Euros. Has anyone given their products a try? Curious about the overall fit and finish. Granted it isn't cheap too, but having paid $170k for the 350 Sport it isn't much when you compare it to what you're upgrading!

11425889_980111438676658_5562132771985683033_o.jpg

13710515_1182600008427799_1932258922651910806_o.jpg

Thanks for your info ...

Personally as well as gaining weight, is also esteticamnete more beautiful to see (more "bad", more sportier) and also, surely, draws much less heat in the engine compartment (the glass absorbs much).

We see the 360 CUP and 350 SPORT both with this system ...:thumbup:

The difference between 1800 pound and 1300 euros is not a slightly difference, is almost half the price!!!

By the way, yesterday I Sent a message to eltech in order to receive all their prices because I couldnt find them anywhere! It is a pity they only have a facebook profile. 

Anyway. I am al so considering to buy that louver because as you said it is prettier, lighter and colder. And I find the price fair.

• Like 1

Hi Dani
actually you're right ... I've searched and searched several times if there was a page on the internet but to no avail: the one is the one in facebook.

When you know something keep us informed ...

I can not understand if you just change only the part of the glass while maintaining the original frame or if you have to completely change everything?

• 2 weeks later...

hi all
some of you have by chance drawing of how you put together (in detail the pieces - parts - components) from the rear hood from Exige V6 ?

so that you can better understand what piece you can replace ...

thank you so much

• 3 weeks later...
On 1 March 2016 at 20:01, alias23 said:

The rear wing on the roadster is quite interesting.... Typically if you had a 'high downforce' wing you'd need to build in some reinforcement into the fibreglass boot otherwise it could crack under high downforce. So would be good to understand if this is actually not an issue, or if the 'new' boot has been re-inforced...

Not sure if some of the earlier comments about aero on the roadster were made before the roadster was actually released but I can confirm after driving a 350 Sport roadster this week that they do without front splitter and rear wing. Roof off, sunshine, brilliant gearshift, monster performance. Lovely car. 

5 hours ago, Dewarcraig said:

Pretty sure it's fibreglass painted matt/satin black.

Thank you so much ... I thought ... I have yet to see one "live" and in fact I asked who is owner of a 350 sport.

On 23/07/2016 at 10:15, NANO said:

Personally as well as gaining weight, is also esteticamnete more beautiful to see (more "bad", more sportier) and also, surely, draws much less heat in the engine compartment (the glass absorbs much).

I actually think the opposite. I love the Exige S glass panel. I love being able to see the engine through. very supercar-like. Having seen my first 350 Sport in the flesh a couple of days ago, I admit to the new engine cover being the only thing I really don't like about the car. Looks much cheaper than the glass panel, and stops me from seeing the engine...

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Crouchy said:

I agree with StephVG. I i was to upgrade to a 350 sport I would make swapping the glass panel on to the new car part of the deal.

I image thats going to cost you an additional 1.5k ;-) ... if they will even do it... but fully agree... I love the glas window - it looks much better, gives me more visibilty and you can see the engine ;-) ... I do not mind the 6kg weight difference... 

• Like 1

I see both sides. I do think that once you use a carbon fiber cover it's even more beautiful. It's nice to see the engine but I'm happy having the louvered rear as from where I'm from, ambient temps of more than 40 degrees are normal and the car could really use some breathing space. 

I agree, is nice to see the engine as it is so good looking.

So I guess the best option would be a transparent light weight louver!

Why they dont make and sell one? It would be fantastic!

11 hours ago, RedViper said:

I presume you wouldn't have option of heated rear window like although in 2 years of having my car I have never used it once 

The engine gets pretty toasty fairly quickly, probably heats up even quicker than heated glass! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

On 19/08/2016 at 15:04, AdamK said:

Not sure if some of the earlier comments about aero on the roadster were made before the roadster was actually released but I can confirm after driving a 350 Sport roadster this week that they do without front splitter and rear wing. Roof off, sunshine, brilliant gearshift, monster performance. Lovely car. 

I've had a !little sedate pootle in that vehicle?

orkqye.jpg