Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Car! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New Car!

Hey Guys

Thinking of buying one of these.... not sure why.... but then also, why the hell not!!!!

Fell in love with the GMC Typhoon & Syclone back when they were 1st made and topgear had them on test..... to this day I've always promised I will one day!!! :huh::D

They go like stink and look cool in standard form!!!!!

Typhoon

Plenty more room in the back ready for the next Lotus sale!!!!!!!!

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

If there is a longwheel base version - you could always do a spot of funeral directing. :huh: Thought it looked like a small hurse. Probably good in anything other than black. However inside looks more comfortable than my living room and that engine plenty of beef.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Fuel economy??? WTF's that??? its an american beast so I'm guessing not much!!! LOL

As far as funeral directing goes!!!! Not really thought about it like that..... Although i'd be a good way to go i guess..... driven in style, would have to be a flat out ride to te crematorium just for old times sake!!!!

Imagine everyone else trying to keep up!!! Need a fleet of Esprits!!!!! LOL :huh:

Chunky Lover

Fuel economy??? WTF's that??? its an american beast so I'm guessing not much!!! LOL

As far as funeral directing goes!!!! Not really thought about it like that..... Although i'd be a good way to go i guess..... driven in style, would have to be a flat out ride to te crematorium just for old times sake!!!!

Imagine everyone else trying to keep up!!! Need a fleet of Esprits!!!!! LOL :huh:

The mpg is'nt that bad. It will probably get 18, depending on the size and weight of your right foot. But the again my daily driver is a V10 4X4. :D

LOL Yup usually!!!!

No wife... No kids.... Just lots of play time!!! :huh::D:D

:D Simon, thats not fair!.... This is the way it should be, Get married, strap yourself up with a massive mortgage. Have two or three kids who want every latest playstation/xbox, spend all spare time doing DIY or taking wife to the shops so that she can spend all your hard earned cash, and dream of owning a Lambo!!

Or is there something your not telling us?!!! :D

LOL No I'm not Gay!!!! I dont think so anyways??? Have to go ask my shrink!!!! LOL :huh:

Been single for a year now having been in a heavy relationship for a very long time.....

Trying to enjoy myself before I get tied down again and start a family.... Already got the huge mortgage, but thinking what the hell!!!!

I'll have to sell it eventually and figure the type of car/truck it is its not going to loose an awful lot, they are very rare and stupidly fast, possibly even quicker than my Esprit to 60!!! Being american they last for ages!!!!

I take it no one on here knows much about these, likes them or has much of an opinion on them????

Appart from it looking like a hurse??? LOL :D

Surely some of our American brothers have some knowledge of these and can enlighten me!!!

Simon

Chunky Lover

http://www.sportmachines.com/

http://www.syty.org/

Bas ass trucks if you can get by the dated

looks. Chargecooled V6 from hell!

The Typhoon will be slower than an SE, but as fast as what you currently have. The Syclone is as fast as most Esprits, and faster if modified.

Edited by Paul93Lotus

Go for it Simon :huh:

I remember those GMC Typhoons and Syclones came, I read all the articles about them. Really fun cars and very fast. I think there's none in Finland :D

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

LOL No I'm not Gay!!!! I dont think so anyways??? Have to go ask my shrink!!!! LOL :D

Talking about shrinks, I had to see one last month due to a car accident that occured 2 years ago! The insurance company arranged it. After half an hour answering her questions, she said that the session was over and that I could go, but she had'nt shown me those ink pictures! She reckoned that this is not done anymore. Thats the only reason I went!, "what does this one remind you of?"....."Thats a lotus Esprit S3"....."how about this one?"......"thats a lotus Esprit Sport 300"....."and this?"........"clearly a lotus Esprit S1"

Reckon my claim would have shot up by

LOL yeah the ink pictures!!!!

They look so much fun in movies... you could really screw around with a shrinks head making up all sorts of interpretaions!!!!

Not sure if i'm gonna go down the road with this car..... found a forum he posts on and has had loads of problems with it since he bought it late last year... Seems he's really keen and spent ages trying to sort things out but one of his posts worries me, apparently the engine smokes pretty bad when cold and still a little after running for 30 mins!!!!

Apparently there is loads up up/down movement on the turbo shaft as well!!!!

Think I may be taking on another fixer upper if I were to get it and to be honest I aint got the money or the time to give it justice.... Dont fancy an engine rebuild to sort out the smoke!!!! :D:lol:

Think I may have to let this go, prob for the best, focus my time on the Esprit..... Just fancied a toy for the summer!!!!

Maybe I'll just go stroke my wheels..... Another subject to talk over with the shrink!!! Imagine what they'd read into that!!! LOL

Simon

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

Simon, I've been looking about for another sort of "play car" but something that the wife can also use to ferry the nippers about and the like. Been looking at the Jaguar XK8 convertable. Love the looks of it, stick a privte plate on a 98 model and it is timeless. Nice one for sale by a dealer in Norfolk, mid metalic blue with black roof, cream leather, upgraded alloys etc etc, 60k miles, all for less than twelve grand! Not bad for a car that cost over sixty grand when new!!

All I have to do now is to convince the Mrs, she reckons it's a mans car.....I know, it beggars belief!!!! :lol: