Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
IWM Duxford Spring Car Show - Sunday 1st May - Page 3 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

IWM Duxford Spring Car Show - Sunday 1st May

martynv

2 hours ago, OwenGT3 said:

There are a few of us who are meeting up and heading from Norwich to Duxford, anyone is welcome to join on route. Leaving Norwich about 8am at Thickthorn Services.

Gates open at 9:30 and only 60 miles. Isn't that a bit early?

• Like 1

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

16 hours ago, martynv said:

So still plenty of space who wants to fill it up then :sofa: Come on don't be shy !

Hi Martyn,

You've twisted my arm :^)

I have a 1971 Elan +2 S130 with a Christopher Neil cabriolet conversion, which I would love to bring along if you still have places.

Cheers,

Simon

19 minutes ago, k00pa said:

Hi Martyn,

You've twisted my arm :^)

I have a 1971 Elan +2 S130 with a Christopher Neil cabriolet conversion, which I would love to bring along if you still have places.

Cheers,

Simon

Hi Simon, It would be great to see your Elan. I look forward to seeing you on Sunday. I'll tidy up the attendance list this evening.

Martyn :)

Just now, martynv said:

Hi Simon, It would be great to see your Elan. I look forward to seeing you on Sunday. I'll tidy up the attendance list this evening.

Thanks Martyn. Looking forward to it also!

19 hours ago, phil flash said:

Gates open at 9:30 and only 60 miles. Isn't that a bit early?

It's a little further at 67 miles, according to Google earth it's 1 hr 14 minutes. Doubt we will leave dead on eight anyway and meeting some on the way. Also if you're been before it does get hectic getting in, so much so that cars sometimes burst into flames! Yes that happened one year.

Updated attendance list. If you fancy just turning up on the day please do and we'll definitely make room for you and don't forget the entrance gate doesn't close till 2.00pm on Sunday.

I look forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

1. Martyn           Esprit SE

2. Markw996     Esprit S4

3. chip      Elan S2

4. ChrisJ  Turbo Esprit or Excel SE     

5  Dave Elise 111R

6  Dave Kippen, Elise S

7. Dave Eds      Evora / Elan   (LEC) 

8. Phil, Elan M100 SE

9. Markhur Elise S1

10. Nasty Esprit V8

11. Owen GT3 Esprit

12. Paul & Karen Lotus Elise S1

13. Ian M100 Elan  (LEC)

14. Esprit22     Turbo Esprit

15. Brian     Esprit S3

16.  PhilW.     Dry sump turbo esprit

17. Pete's Son - Turbo Esprit

18. Gary       Elise S1

19. Clivef38   Elan M100

20. Paul Saunders     Elise Type 72    (Email)

21.  Dave Ahmad      M100 Elan    (Email)

22. Dave.G    Exige S

23. Dave Freeman     Esprit SE

24. Paul M100    (Maybe) (LEC)

25. Wayne... Top-plumber... S4 Esprit

26. rip  M100 ...  I'll get there probably after lunch

27. Colin Newts    Esprit GT3   (Maybe)

28. Jon  Esprit S1

29. David Esprit GT3

30. Tim (TimLotii) Evora

31.  Aiden (Felix_5) Elise S1

32. Simon   Elan +2 S130

Hi Martyn,

Sorry I can't make it as repair work on the car won't be completed for at least another couple of weeks. Engine out at the moment.

17 hours ago, punky said:

Hi Martyn

I'm in!

smoke me a kipper, I'll see you at the services!

Nice one Punky, see you Sunday :)

ALL Please note final info is back in the middle of page two of this thread please read carefuly !

On 4/29/2016 at 10:42, DaveN said:

The Elise (5 on the list) is washed and polished, and looking very yellow.  Looking forward to it...

Hope it's not shinier than my yellow one! ;) Looking forward to meeting some other Lotus owner's and their cars... :thumbsup:

20 hours ago, OwenGT3 said:

It's a little further at 67 miles, according to Google earth it's 1 hr 14 minutes. Doubt we will leave dead on eight anyway and meeting some on the way. Also if you're been before it does get hectic getting in, so much so that cars sometimes burst into flames! Yes that happened one year.

That's strange - Google maps says 63.2 and 1 hr 4 minutes from Thickthorn Shell Garage to Imperial War Museum Duxford, and that's for 'ordinary cars'... I'd expect to do it in under an hour in a Lotus as it's dual carriageway most of the way...

Is it hectic because people get there before gates open so there's an initial queue or is there a queue all through the morning?  Don't really want to queue among spontaneous combustion cars...:lol:

22 minutes ago, NR2k said:

Putting the car back together. Hope to be there after all if there is still space?

Yes, definitely. Hope it all goes back together Ok, best of luck. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Martyn :)

Coming down later in the day. Sorry I can't be with you in the morning, my wife has got a wedding shoot all day so I've got my 3 boys. On the plus side I've now got back seats...:thumbsup:. Have a good day, looking forward to seeing loads of Lottie...

Just to flag up that I'll have my Burroughs Gauge in my boot if any owners with 907 or 912 engines want to check their cambelt tension - bring tools to get your cambelt cover off, I've got copied instructions from my Eclat Manual.

Just look me up, I'll be in a Pacific Blue M100 Elan with ORANGE wheels - easy to spot. I was going to fit my hardtop, as they are a bit rare, but weather forecast looks good for tomorrow, plus I went to Morrisons with hood down this afternoon and lady in Mercedes CLK convertible parked alongside engaged me in conversation about the pleasures of 'driving topless'... was only when she mentioned where she got sunburned that 'the penny dropped' that it wasn't just her car she was talking about. :blush:

So I'm looking forward to driving topless tomorrow but it will ONLY be my car..