Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sy Vickers - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sy Vickers

theelanman

I thought the forum would like to know of the passing of one of the stalwarts of the Elan M100 community......

Sy did a lot for the LEC boys and girls and was an integral part in the old LEF days

most would remember him from the days of the Lotus Show at Donington.

the beer and curry nights..........and the ensuing frivolities

he passed peacefully last night with his family round him.

cheers

G

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

OMG I am in total Shock.

Big Sy was known to all of us old Lotus Esprit Forum Guys as being the owner of the \green M100 with a yellow stripe that joined up with us to go to some events.

I had just seen the news on FB where I was a friend of his and I can't believe it!

RIP big man, you will be missed not only for your Lotus antics but for your reviews of real ales.

Here's a pic of us side by side in t'old days.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Want me to ask his brother/family on FB?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

The funeral for Simon Vickers has been arranged for 3rd March at 2pm Redditch Crematorium. All welcome and also to the pub afterwards.

I'm going and will be taking a wreath on behalf of all the TLF'ers who knew Sy. Anyone else is welcome to attend. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see you too mate,  shame it wasn't under happier circumstances.  A big tribute to Sy to see so many people turn out to remember him, he was a big man with a big heart. 

• Like 1

Thanks Bibs and Laura. Sy would have appreciated your huge effort to be there. Gail and Dan certainly did, 

Also good to be able to congratulate you both in person on your own terrific news.

• Like 1

Dave.

Thanks mate. Sorry we couldn't join you afterwards but I wouldn't have missed his send off for any reason. Sy was a great guy, one of the best and I was very grateful for the chance to say goodbye to him.