Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Sport 410 - Page 73 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Sport 410

Bibs

• Gold FFM

I can only speak for Komo-Tec but the 400/410 go to 430 with a remap, the 460 kit involves hardware changes, although nowhere near as dramatic as achieving the same power in an Exige.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Someone I know sent his 410bhp 311 for a remap and it came back with over 470bhp. There was no mention of any hardware changes.

I think that's what they call up-selling! Any idea how much the 430 remap is?

• Gold FFM

Was about £800 last time I checked.

I am curious what Lotus do to the engine for the "race" 460, I suspect it may just be a remap too, although don't they have a serious air filter on that too?

The million dollar question always seems to be the gearbox's ability to take the power.

James Martin (JayEmm)

That's pretty cheeky for a remap. It's just a one-size fits all chip too. There must be someone who could do a bespoke remap it on a rolling road for that I'd have thought. It would certainly benefit from that if going for a different manifold and cat. The hard part is finding someone with any expertise with the supercharged Toyota V6s.

Risky business on a 90k car!! 

Does Lotus still honour a warranty after this upgrade? 

I've seen the 430Komotec work well on a standard an V6 Exige S... owner didn't have any problems as far as I'm aware.

No way, the warranty will be toast. Equally though has anyone had any problems with either engine or gearbox after uprating? I haven't heard of any,

• Gold FFM

I suspect 430 is going to be fairly safe. Lotus are happy to sell the car with a warranty at 410 - you're talking a 5% HP increase to 430.

I suspect Komo-Tec charge what they do because they're relatively known in a very small and underserved market, and they probably don't sell too many to recoup their own R&D costs.

I am very tempted to get a proper bespoke map created like Jonny suggests, although I need to make sure I don't need my warranty anymore first!

James Martin (JayEmm)

Been toying around with the idea of a 430bhp upgrade on an S1 S SR as a daily. Only thing stopping me is the 400 getting closer to my budget and I'm in no rush...

Id much rather own a 400 and slap a set of MPSC2's on it, job done! 

An extra 30 BHP after the tyre upgrade isn't enough difference imo, 60BHP... now we're talking!!

But can that transmission really handle it regularly? 

I too thought of buying an S1 with the EV430 kit, but with no LSD (like the 400) I heard it broke traction rather a lot.

Im holding out for the SSC 1900 kit and will possibly fit the LSD and flywheel from the 400 at that point...

15 hours ago, auRouge said:

Id much rather own a 400 and slap a set of MPSC2's on it, job done!

A 400 with R-specs and some more front negative camber is quite potent on track, but believe me, you'll still want for more power. MUCH more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHAe1QzREmk

• Like 1

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

First time I've heard an auto on track. Gearbox seemed to cope very well and the shorter gearing was nice. No signs of trouble without the LSD either bet then there were no slow corners.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Im not sure what is different whether it be the ratios or the final drive but either way I believe the about is storter.

Gav, that would have been rewarding I'm sure.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

On 07/07/2017 at 08:55, French Frie said:

@Trevsked: IIRC, gear ratios on auto gearbox are about the same (vs CR Evora Box) for the 4 first gears, then 5 & 6 are longer :blush: ...

here are the gearbox ratios for Evora, taken from the playground Wiki. As I said, the 4 first gears are pretty the same, whereas 5th and 6th are (really) longer ...

275005Capturedecran20170710091831.png

PS: not talking about standard gearbox, as it was never fitted (hopefully !) to the 400 ...

Edited by French Frie

The service notes for the Evora 400 are different from the IPS specs in the playground Wiki, especially the final drive:

59633aa5e5a62_ss(2017-07-10at05_49.33).png.bd7ae936f76c3d0b0fdc6a3a4739d112.png

With the standard rear 400 tyres, this yields 7000rpm top speeds of the following:

mph:            46            80            107            151            207            248
kph:            74            128            171            243            334            399

Based on my car I think this is pretty accurate. In the video above I'm short-shifting a tiny bit shy of the 7000rpm redline, as the auto box won't upshift if you hit the rev limiter.

thanks for those infos  ! but in fact, gear ratios are the very same :blush: ... only the final drive is different, and is even longer than on Evora S1 :P  ! so, @Trevsked's feeling is not accurate ... But I can say for sure that faster shifting (even on previous Evora/exiges) helps this impression ! and after driving the manual Exige (EX430) of a friend this week-end, I wouldn't change my IPS for a manual if I had to ...

If the car seemed like it was shorter geared, then I will take that as a compliment :)

The faster shifting is great especially in a straight line. Mid corner though I have to lift slightly before upshifting as the jolt will unsettle the car if you're right on the limit. The only auto gearbox I've driven that was significantly better is the Porsche PDK.

• Like 1