Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
6 MPG - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

6 MPG

Gashead1105

On track yesterday at Bedford (great day) I managed a new personal best of 6.87 MPG for a tank of petrol and, as a rough approximation, averaged 9 MPG over the course of the day. I was wondering what the PBs are of others on here.

I must say that, aside from the drinking issue, the car was awesome. First trackday I've done in it in the dry, it's properly lunatic in performance and I love the way the chassis can be adjusted using the throttle. Little lift mid corner really tucks the nose in hard. I've got absolutely no idea how evo managed to declare a 2.7 Cayman a quicker track car, that's complete garbage. I left it in sport mode and felt like a hero, the car is far better than me as the driver. Had no issues with noise once I got the static test out the way (99 db!) even on a cold clear day with no wind. I would rather like a set of harnesses now though!

one other question actually, is it possible to get Michelin Pilot Supersports (or cup 2s) in the right size to fit the v6)?

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I was there on Saturday for my first time in the V6, also found the V6 hugely entertaining aside from boiling the brake fluid, I was in Race mode all day but have come away wondering if I should've had the balls to turn DPM off as I spent lots of time trying to provoke the rear into a slide no doubt making the traction/torque vectoring work overtime. However, at least the system helped avoid a hero to zero situation! :blush:

I tested static at 98db and rather frustratingly got the noise board by the end of the morning so then had to start short shifting and keeping away from the monitors. I was under the impression the standard exhaust in these vehicles is fine but that wasn't the case for me on that day.

MPG I would rather not work out, was using half a tank per 15-20min session. :o

I've never had a problem at Bedford with the standard exhaust, even though they do warn you on the static. Race mode likely boiled your brakes, same happened to me at Spa.

It should be difficult to get the back to slide in race mode after it's initial "learning" of grip levels. Sport mode will allow you more rear slip and offer a better safety net.

• Like 1

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

• Gold FFM

Is 6 mpg a PB or a PW (personal worst) I wonder? :lol:

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I like to think of it as a pb!

Actually I came home with a slightly spongy brake pedal as well. Otherwise really happy with the cars performance and have lots of pad material and tyres left after a full day caning it. Super impressed, although not unexpected as I ran an S2 previously and that was tremendous value from a running cost perspective.

I didn't see a noise board all day. Must have not been trying hard enough! I have used race mode before but thought sport would make it a bit more lively so that's what I went with. Only had it intervene once when I got a bit too much lift off oversteer. Oh and when I was drifting on the sighting laps - at least thats what the Marshalls thought I was doing! Need to get another day in the diary soon

1 hour ago, NathR said:

I tested static at 98db and rather frustratingly got the noise board by the end of the morning so then had to start short shifting and keeping away from the monitors. I was under the impression the standard exhaust in these vehicles is fine but that wasn't the case for me on that day.

MPG I would rather not work out, was using half a tank per 15-20min session. :o

I tested at 98db @Donington Park

Managed 44 miles to a tank:cry:

Sitting in the passenger seat of Will's car yesterday I can attest that he was certainly trying hard enough!

An awesome car! Hats off to you guys for owning one. They are immense! 

23 minutes ago, LotusPilot said:

So that's about 4.75mpg...!

There was probably around 8-10 miles left in it at most, just got to the petrol station in time!

The air-con was on full as well.

Edited by quantum2000

6 minutes ago, quantum2000 said:

There was probably around 8-10 miles left in it at most, just got to the petrol station in time!

The air=con was one full as well.

I had assumed a modest reserve in the estimate - as without it would be even worse :-)

I'm at Blyton Park next week. Worked out the nearest Petrol stations with super unleaded are 7 or 10 miles away. Closest one is in a built up area so risk of getting stuck in traffic. Think I need to take a small jerry can just in case!