Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elise LCD Dash - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Elise LCD Dash

• Gold FFM
On 21 March 2016 at 06:27, garw said:

some previous desktop testing with CANbus interface (elise s2 canbus codes)

and

more on my channel of older stuff if you fancy a look

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRlvA7Bsl5bZECRKHfu9AFA

Is there a reason the speedo indications are different or is it just calibration?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Well at least there is a reason. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 4 months later...

How's this project going. Anyone know? Looks really good.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 3 weeks later...

How are you getting on with this? Watched the demos on YouTube and it looks spot on!

As explained in this thread I'm using a Syvecs S6 ECU, so will provide a CAN connection as well as the standard S1 loom plug. Will you be able to add other signals/data onto the standard graphic displays that you have made.. for example I want the standard S1 display graphic but it would be cool to somehow add boost or charge cooler temp onto the display. Is this something that the end user could do or not? Also I'm using a VDO fuel level sensor, presumably I can change the signal input in the settings for low and full and it then it will display like you intended?

Thanks
Ben

Would be great to have an update on this. Now that I have a VX220 I'd love to have one of these...

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Hello

thanks for the nudge

@biggerbigben

At the moment allowing users to create their own graphics would limit the effects that can be used

simple additions can be done (your extra gauges are no problem) and I can make them available for download

I will provide a software skeleton for anyone wanting to create their own graphics, then they can offer it for download if they like.

but It does require some software experience to hit the floor running. or determination to work it out for themselves.

@C8RKH VX220 should be fine , I have a vx220 cluster in my sample box which will be used to check compatibility  

1 hour ago, biggerbigben said:

How are you getting on with this? Watched the demos on YouTube and it looks spot on!

As explained in this thread I'm using a Syvecs S6 ECU, so will provide a CAN connection as well as the standard S1 loom plug. Will you be able to add other signals/data onto the standard graphic displays that you have made.. for example I want the standard S1 display graphic but it would be cool to somehow add boost or charge cooler temp onto the display. Is this something that the end user could do or not? Also I'm using a VDO fuel level sensor, presumably I can change the signal input in the settings for low and full and it then it will display like you intended?

Thanks
Ben

And the VDO sensor can be used ,  in the settings the analogue value can be scaled and offset to give the correct output for the screen,   be it negative or positive (i.e full tank, low value. empty tank ,high value and vice versa)

• Like 2

Wow. Sounds great @garw@garw.

Quick question. Do you know if the car mileage is stored on the ECU?  So if I put your dash in. Drove around for a few years then put the priginal in, would the original LCD readout update to the current actual mileage?

Hope that makes sense.

The small print.

Mileage is stored in the cluster . 

So the replacement cluster will start from zero , and the old cluster will not be updated .

a preset value can be entered in the cluster if needed . 

A record of the mileage adjustment will be recorded in the cluster for checking against any other mileage records for verification when selling etc . 

Ben

I do answer this question a lot only to miss the date and disappoint people .

I find another difference in model years of the Elise and  Exige .  Launch control messages on screen ,etc etc. which delay release further .

I can say it's coming to a close and beta testing will start as soon as the first batch of clusters are produced . 

A lot of work and sampling has gone on to  keep costs to a minimum, I would have released already if I could live with an aluminium anodised enclosure @ £200 each supply to me .

so a lot of work had gone on  in the mechanical design to find a cheaper manufacturing process for the enclosure . The result will take over £100 off the final price of the instrument cluster .

So my latest estimate for release after successful testing is December .

Edited by ramjet
No need to quote the post directly above yours.
  • Like 1

Personally I'm in no rush, I would rather wait to get the best you can produce at a realistic sum of hard earned. Evolution of different peoples ideas are where these projects really work well. Keep it evolving I say! At the moment I would probably have to go for a 2nd screen to display all the options I want to see or be monitoring, but I would much prefer to have it all on one display, even if I have to flick between pages while on the move. 

• 2 weeks later...

Boost is in the data channels as MAP

it can be mapped to a canbus feed or analogue , if you want to monitor boost then for sure you have an aftermarket ecu already , and likely to have a canbus connection . 

It's a matter of graphics that will use the data . 

I will create a mini gauge that can be placed in the dark free space available on the road screens (original lotus) , upto 4 could fit in the free space. These can be used to display , oil temp , oil pressure , map , afr (o2, lambda) 

i remember now , vag 5cyl turbo with syvecs s6 ecu.

when can we see it on the road ??

I didnt even know i was a member on here but seems i am so here goes

What Biggerben said

With the modded cars and aftermarket ecu i'd like to have more than the 4 parameters for water t, oil t &p and fuel so i can add Air temp, boost, air intake t and lambda for example

I like to be able to see these when driving or at least high a high low alarm visible, maybe on the std lotus elise screen have the odometer and trip be able to scroll through the ecu parameters etc or i like your guage in the dark area

Obviously on a custom screen i'd like to be able to have all 8 measurements shown etc

47 minutes ago, garw said:

Boost is in the data channels as MAP

it can be mapped to a canbus feed or analogue , if you want to monitor boost then for sure you have an aftermarket ecu already , and likely to have a canbus connection . 

It's a matter of graphics that will use the data . 

I will create a mini gauge that can be placed in the dark free space available on the road screens (original lotus) , upto 4 could fit in the free space. These can be used to display , oil temp , oil pressure , map , afr (o2, lambda) 

i remember now , vag 5cyl turbo with syvecs s6 ecu.

when can we see it on the road ??

When I can pull my finger out and get on with it! lol... See comments below re display..

12 minutes ago, djwilma said:

I didnt even know i was a member on here but seems i am so here goes

What Biggerben said

With the modded cars and aftermarket ecu i'd like to have more than the 4 parameters for water t, oil t &p and fuel so i can add Air temp, boost, air intake t and lambda for example

I like to be able to see these when driving or at least high a high low alarm visible, maybe on the std lotus elise screen have the odometer and trip be able to scroll through the ecu parameters etc or i like your guage in the dark area

Obviously on a custom screen i'd like to be able to have all 8 measurements shown etc

That's exactly what I am after, like the old Stack ST displays did for example. Just want to be able to keep a visual eye on it and set alarms. While it would be nice to do what Garw mentioned "upto 4 could fit in the free space. These can be used to display , oil temp , oil pressure , map , afr (o2, lambda)" on the actual S1 screen... For more than 4 options it would be good to easily on the move swap to another screen for advance selectable inputs like Djwilma mentioned.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...