Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Day, Grampian Transport Museum 2016 - Page 2 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Day, Grampian Transport Museum 2016

15 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Have you sent a PM to the LEGS list Gordon?

Al and Brian have sent out alerts Bibs but very little uptake for some reason?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Gordon,

Just been to Jock Elises to bump it up but I see Brian did that yesterday (Monday - I'm 5 hours behind in Guyana at the mo)  Hopefully a few will show their faces.  If you are on John & Wendy's CLNES mailing list they usually don't BCC people so you could reply to all and put a message out?  I would but I have a terrible internet connection here and it would make dial up look like high speed broadband.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

6 hours ago, Bibs said:

Have you sent a PM to the LEGS list Gordon? 

I sent a group PM last week and I meant to send another one last night before going to bed but can't sleep so about to send another one just now. I am going to add to it that we will meet for breakfast at The Fennel, Inverurie to tie in with their regular V8 Breakfast meet and then on to Alford to arrive before 11:30am and we will see if that drums up a few more. 

The event is also shared on the LEGS, Scottish Elises, Lotus Ecosse Facebook Pages and on Scottish Elises forum. No-one posted on SE Forum that they are coming yet, which is surprising. I will add another post there to include The Fennel.

I think part of the problem may be that there was no date for the event on the original post and I copied that straight over to SE forum where it was flagged up. I included the date in the PM to LEGS list and the date has been added to the subject line on SE forum. We have 3 Lotus weekends in a row, Alford, TLF International and The Club Lotus Jim Clark weekend, so folks may not want to be out at all three events.

• Like 1

2016 List of cars so far

Track runs

Lotus Esprit GT3 (1997) - Gordon Masson

Lotus Esprit V8-GT (2001) - Mark Rigby (still have my flyer from last year)

Lotus Evora N/A (2010) - David Boyd

Lotus Evora GTE #8  (Registered 2105) - Brian King (Gordon, You have details of this car from my SpeedFest entry)

Lotus Elan SE (1991) - John Wham

Lotus Elise S1 (1998) - Chris Hall (you should have my details from last year?)

Lotus Elise S2 (2007) - Duggie Smith (if you don't get enough numbers for the track runs, stick me down for that)

Lotus Elan M100 S2 (1995) – Gerard Buda

Lotus Excel (1989) - Paul Lawson

Static display

Lotus Esprit S1 (1976) - Gordon Masson

Lotus Elise S  (2012)  - Jim Selkirk

Lotus Elise S1 (2000) - Ken London  (You should have all the details of the car from last year)

Lotus Elan M100 (1991)- Wendy Walsh

Lotus Elan+2 (1974)- Bill Mutch

Lotus Europa S2 (1970) - Mike Clarke

Lotus Elan M100 (1990) - Stewart Cooper

To be confirmed (Track / Static / Available)

Lotus Evora GTE (2012) – Archie Buchanan

Lotus Elan SE M100 ( 1991 ) - Archie Buchanan

Lotus Esprit GT3 (1998) - Archie Buchanan

10 hours ago, GordonMasson said:

Any possibility of getting in touch with the Caterham guys before Thursday?

Yes, I'll get onto it today.

I have also posted on Lotus Elan Central Facebook and put reminders on LEGS, Lotus Ecosse and Scottish Elises Facebook pages and the SE forum.

You will have seen that I suggested to meet at The Fennel for a quick breakfast and then on to GTM for 11:30am.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bingoking said:

2016 List of cars so far

Track runs

Lotus Esprit GT3 (1997) - Gordon Masson

Lotus Esprit V8-GT (2001) - Mark Rigby (still have my flyer from last year)

Lotus Evora N/A (2010) - David Boyd

Lotus Evora GTE #8  (Registered 2105) - Brian King (Gordon, You have details of this car from my SpeedFest entry)

Lotus Elan SE (1991) - John Wham

Lotus Elise S1 (1998) - Chris Hall (you should have my details from last year?)

Lotus Elise S2 (2007) - Duggie Smith (if you don't get enough numbers for the track runs, stick me down for that)

Lotus Elan M100 S2 (1995) – Gerard Buda

Lotus Excel (1989) - Paul Lawson

Static display

Lotus Esprit S1 (1976) - Gordon Masson

Lotus Elise S  (2012)  - Jim Selkirk

Lotus Elise S1 (2000) - Ken London  (You should have all the details of the car from last year)

Lotus Elan M100 (1991)- Wendy Walsh

Lotus Elan+2 (1974)- Bill Mutch

Lotus Europa S2 (1970) - Mike Clarke

Lotus Elan M100 (1990) - Stewart Cooper

Lotus Evora NA (2010) - Andy Corkhill (C8RKH - I still have my sheet from last year) - possible on track too

To be confirmed (Track / Static / Available)

Lotus Evora GTE (2012) – Archie Buchanan

Lotus Elan SE M100 ( 1991 ) - Archie Buchanan

Lotus Esprit GT3 (1998) - Archie Buchanan

Ok, diary cleared, name added, see you there.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

20 hours ago, GordonMasson said:

Al and Brian have sent out alerts Bibs but very little uptake for some reason?

So this morning's group PM sent to 173 on the LEGS list has been read by only 14 people :o

Hi Donald and Mark welcome to the forum and thanks for adding your cars to the list.

May be that people where / are at work, not everyone has interweb access from work.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

6 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

May be that people where / are at work, not everyone has interweb access from work.

Good point, 34 read the original PM I sent on 12th April. A number of people never read PM's. A fair few to be honest have not visited the forum for at least a year or so but I continue to send them PM's in the hope that they will return to the fold.

16 minutes ago, bingoking said:

So this morning's group PM sent to 173 on the LEGS list has been read by only 14 people

Remember the whole pm text is in the pm email notification. I tend to read in the email and just clear the notification I the site...

Chris

Just now, Corranga said:

Remember the whole pm text is in the pm email notification. I tend to read in the email and just clear the notification I the site...

Chris

Thanks Chris, good point.

I think we are almost at the point of this being viable.

A few more and I think I will say we are going ahead.

• Like 1

Thanks Marc

OK That's it!

I have told GTM that we will go ahead so please try to gather as many additional cars as possible and if you are signed up then please don't drop out and leave us short.

Thanks for your support so far, look out for updates.

If I don't have your car details, please send me some info and a picture for the show cards... see attached examples

Arch Evora.jpg

Mark Rigby V8.jpg

• Like 1

I still have mine from last year Gordon so will bring it along.

The small print.

I have had a reply from Scott Gibb and he is available for track and or display.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Colin G said:

My other half is working on the sunday now, so I've got a nice bit of free time and will be heading up.

Excellent Colin!

Can you send me some details on the car and a pic please.... unless you have done it before and I will still have them.

Static or track rides by the way?

5 hours ago, GordonMasson said:

Excellent Colin!

Can you send me some details on the car and a pic please.... unless you have done it before and I will still have them.

Static or track rides by the way?

Will get them over in a bit Gordon. Static definitely, not sure on track yet, do I need a helmet etc or is it a more gentle thing?

55 minutes ago, Colin G said:

Will get them over in a bit Gordon. Static definitely, not sure on track yet, do I need a helmet etc or is it a more gentle thing?

The track rides are simply to take members of the public out for a few laps round the small oval track. 

Laps are not meant to be anything crazy. No overtaking and let faster cars drivers past.

we are taking everyone from kids sitting on their parents knee round at 20 mph to OAP's who have pitched up with their grandchildren and never expected to do anything like that in their life's. 

Its basicaly a lotus cars fun day. People get to see some amazing cars up close and get their pictures taken beside them

Others want to go in the cars for a few laps. 

We don't need crash helmets because it's not competition or anything close.

See the video at the top of the post to give you an idea of the event

Delighted you can make it either way and if you decide to have a go on the track you are more than welcome. 

See you next Sunday.