Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Day, Grampian Transport Museum 2016 - Page 3 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Day, Grampian Transport Museum 2016

19 hours ago, Colin G said:

Ok, great. Put me down as static for now then please and I'll see how it goes once I get up there.

Poof, you know you want to........ :devil:  I've been out a few times and it is literally stick it in 2nd the whole time and steer.  The Evora makes it so simple.  Having said that the Speedfest is a good bit faster and more intense as up against rival cars.  One year I was against a V8 R8 an beat him.  This is just fun as Gordon says and only go as fast as you feel happy at.:driving:

I'd love to have been available but out in Guyana and gutted.  Good to see we made it in the end.  :animier:Thinking ahead we had better choose a different month next year by the sounds of it but the old date of Aug is even busier now.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
15 hours ago, Al. said:

Having said that the Speedfest is a good bit faster and more intense as up against rival cars.  One year I was against a V8 R8 an beat him.

Takes a bit of guts to go out in front of a crowd of people and do one of these pursuit trials and its great to see a Lotus come out on top. Got to take my hat off to you Al.

:ph34r: Don't worry Al, your secrets safe ... I would never let on that Brian beat you in the Elise the year before and that you took a traffic cone out!

Did I say that out loud?:o

Yes you did, & surprised you didn't post the U-tube link......

I knew it was only a matter of time before you or Hugely :sofa:(ha, ha that is what spell checker does with Hedgerly) mentioned the damn cone.  My secret personal bet is it would be you, so I've won a million pounds. :happy dance::bounce::animier:

Just for the record as I'd hate the truth to get in the way of a good story. That was the first time on track in an Evora back in 2010 would you believe when I did the slalom pursuit and found out Lotus software is too clever when you try and throw your car around and it pulls you up straight to stop you having the accident it thinks you are having.  The following time in 2011 I beat whatever it was I was up against but I was favourite, then it was the full pursuit against the R8 in 14 and last year it was the Elise SC I think when again I won and that isn't as one sided as it sounds if you look at power to weight ratio and the short, tight layout.  

Now, did I bite enough? :huh: Hook, line and sinker?

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Yep.... I would say you took the bait.:P

But I guess I better fess up before Brian or someone else does..... yes I did destroy the flywheel and clutch on the GT3 when I took Brian on at an Autotest :(

Just for the record as I'd hate the truth to get in the way of a good story..... I wasn't aware that Lotus hardware doesn't like it when your clutch has taken a bit of a pounding for an hour and then from a standing start, you sit with the car on the rev limiter and drop the clutch. :o

I might be out :(

I won't apologise yet as I'm going to do what I can to be there, but went for a run yesterday and come back with less exhaust than I set out with.  Car is VERY loud, and obviously not running properly.  And there was me thinking these stainless steel back sections should last forever..

26585132896_8857beca8e_c.jpg

1 hour ago, Corranga said:

I might be out :(

I won't apologise yet as I'm going to do what I can to be there, but went for a run yesterday and come back with less exhaust than I set out with.  Car is VERY loud, and obviously not running properly.  And there was me thinking these stainless steel back sections should last forever..

LOUD is good Chris.

Hope you can make it.... wouldn't worry about the car being noisy :)

You can always do static display if you don't wand to go on the track.

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, GordonMasson said:

LOUD is good Chris.

Hope you can make it.... wouldn't worry about the car being noisy :)

Reading that makes me feel a whole lot more confident about putting mine out on the track - I was imagining 1 lap then being black-flagged and sent to the naughty step, :whistle:.

What little sound-deadening material was in my 2bular valved when it left Jim's production line has long since been burned off so rather than it having the 2 'settings' of LOUD and VERY LOUD, it's now more like STUPIDLY LOUD and INSANELY MAD MENTAL INSTANT ASBO :censored: LOUD!

3 minutes ago, Alfa2Evora said:

rather than it having the 2 'settings' of LOUD and VERY LOUD, it's now more like STUPIDLY LOUD and INSANELY MAD MENTAL INSTANT ASBO :censored: LOUD!

I think you will find that anyone who comes to see the cars would appreciate the later of the two settings :)

On 17 April 2016 at 20:32, Ali87 said:

So are there enough to go ahead? I could add a VX220 to the list

Hi Ali

Event is going ahead.

Can you send me a few details for the show card for your car please (take a look here for typical examples https://www.facebook.com/events/110575246006977/157082808022887/ ) and a picture that you would like on it.

See you on Sunday

Hi folks

Thanks for your support in getting this off the ground.

It looks like we will have a decent turn out of cars but still room for lots more.

Please ensure that you come along if you have committed to because we have told the museum that we will have enough cars to support the event.

http://www.gtm.org.uk/whats-on/

If I haven't contacted you for details of your car or you are not on the list below I may have missed you (info coming in from various sources). Best way is to mail me details of your car and a picture (Gordon.masson@subsea7.com) so that I can make up the show information cards for your car.

Have a look at the Face Book event page for details of the cars:

https://www.facebook.com/events/110575246006977/157753261289175/

This is the current listing I have please contact me if I have missed you out and pass on the information to any other Lotus / Lotus affiliated owners you know of:

Track runs

Lotus Esprit GT3 (1997) - Gordon Masson

Lotus Esprit V8-GT (2001) - Mark Rigby

Lotus Evora N/A (2010) - David Boyd

Lotus Evora GTE #8  (Registered 2105) - Brian King

Lotus Elan SE (1991) - John Wham

Lotus Elise S1 (1998) - Chris Hall

Lotus Excel (1989) - Paul Lawson

Lotus Evora NA (2010) - Andy Corkhill

Lotus Evora GTE (2012) – Archie Buchanan

Lotus Elan SE M100 ( 1991 ) - Archie Buchanan

Lotus Sunbeam – David Officer

Lotus Esprit S3 – Scott Gibb DISPLAY INFORMATION CARD DETAILS REQUESTED

Lotus Esprit S3 - Marc Baybut  DISPLAY INFORMATION CARD DETAILS REQUESTED

Lotus Elise S2 (2007) - Duggie Smith DISPLAY INFORMATION CARD DETAILS REQUESTED

Lotus Elan M100 S2 (1995) – Gerard Buda DISPLAY INFORMATION CARD DETAILS REQUESTED

Static display

Lotus Esprit S1 (1976) - Gordon Masson

Lotus Elise S  (2012)  - Jim Selkirk

Lotus Elise S1 (2000) - Ken London  

Lotus Elan M100 (1991)- Wendy Walsh

Lotus Elan+2 (1974)- Bill Mutch

Lotus Europa S2 (1970) - Mike Clarke

Lotus Elise 135R – Debbie Evans

Lotus Elan M100 (1990) - Stewart Cooper

To be confirmed (Track or  Static ?)

Lotus Evora 400 (2015) - Colin Gardner

Lotus Elise S (2015) – Ian Corse

VX 220 – Ali Smith DISPLAY INFORMATION CARD DETAILS REQUESTED

VX 220 – Andre Conlan DISPLAY INFORMATION CARD DETAILS REQUESTED

2006 Caterham 7 r300 superlight SV. 1.8 k-series engine with 210bhp. - Mark Harrison

• Like 1

I really hate to do this, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out.

I tore ligaments in my knee a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was healing nicely, but after going for a drive on Sunday, I've discovered I'm not able to sit in a car for any length of time :(

I'm really sorry to do this and was looking forward to another trip up Alford.

I hope you have still have sufficient numbers to make it another success.

Sorry to hear about your injury Duggie, I hope you make a fun recovery soon.

32 minutes ago, Colin G said:

Not sure how long this is on for this weekend, but I'll need to leave by half two.

The track rides are down for 2 - 4 but they may start early if there are people waiting.

We will arrive a bit earlier than that to, get the cars parked up, fill in the track usage paperwork and have a chance to go round the museum.

I will post more details later today with directions etc.

Hi Brian, Hugely here. Fancy going up in convoy?

And at the risk of COMPLETELY alienating Al and for those of you who have not a scooby what the cone story is all about. here for your viewing pleasure, the once a year airing of that infamous track run in 2010.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hedgerley said:

And at the risk of COMPLETELY alienating Al and for those of you who have not a scooby what the cone story is all about. here for your viewing pleasure, the once a year airing of that infamous track run in 2010.

Mark, that's unfair..... you know it only happened because "the Lotus software is too clever" !

19 minutes ago, hedgerley said:

Hi Brian, Hugely here. Fancy going up in convoy?

???????? I miss that little Elise. I wonder what they will pitch me against this year in the GTE! Scalped the Fezza with the Exige last time. Perhaps a Lamborghini this time ?

Convoy would be good. I am planning to leave about 8:30 to head for The Fennel in Inverurie for breakfast via Cairn O' Mount if the weather is OK , then on to Alford for around midday. How does that sound?

Hi folks,

Looks like we are going to have a decent turn out but still plenty room for other cars if you can put out the word to others and ask them to come along for track runs or static display.

Don’t worry if I have missed you off the list below, apologies, information was coming in from lots of different places.

Please add your name again on this page.

The passenger rides start at 2:00 pm and will run until about 4:00pm. If you are doing passenger rides, you will probably do it in 15 - 20 minute stints rather than a prolonged period so that everyone can get a chance on the track and everyone gets a chance to cool their breaks off!. There will be plenty opportunity for track time.

I would like to get everyone parked up in the static and track paddocks by 1:30pm at the latest so if you can be at GTM around 12:45 ~ 13:00 that will give us time to get set up and do the necessary sign offs. The museum will have some sandwiches and tea and coffee available in the control cabin for us as usual.

If you have your display cards from last year, please bring them along.... I ran out of A3 laminating covers.

Please enter the museum grounds by the east gate opposite the Vale Hotel.

The paddock area is at the back of the grandstand.

Any questions let me know and you can also reach me on 07775 701246.

Thanks again for your support.

Track runs

Lotus Esprit GT3 (1997) - Gordon Masson

Lotus Esprit GT3  - Archie Buchanan

Lotus Evora GTE (2012) – Archie Buchanan

Lotus Esprit V8-GT (2001) - Mark Rigby

Lotus Evora N/A (2010) - David Boyd

Lotus Evora GTE #8  (2105) - Brian King

Lotus Elan SE (1991) - John Wham

Lotus Elise S1 (1998) - Chris Hall

Lotus Excel (1989) - Paul Lawson

Lotus Evora NA (2010) - Andy Corkhill

Lotus Sunbeam – David Officer

Lotus Esprit S3 – Scott Gibb

Lotus Elan M100 - Dave Kelman

Lotus Esprit S3 - Marc Baybut 

Lotus Elan M100 S2 (1995) – Gerard Buda

Static display

Lotus Esprit S1 (1976) - Gordon Masson

Lotus Elise S  (2012)  - Jim Selkirk

Lotus Elise S1 (2000) - Ken London  

Lotus Elan M100 (1991)- Wendy Walsh

Lotus Elan+2 (1974)- Bill Mutch

Lotus Europa S2 (1970) - Mike Clarke

Lotus Elise 135R – Debbie Evans

Lotus Elan M100 (1990) - Stewart Cooper

Caterham 7 r300 superlight  - Mark Harrison

VX 220 – Andrew Conlan

Lotus Elise S (2015) – Ian Corse

To be confirmed (Track or  Static ?)

Lotus Evora 400 (2015) - Colin Gardner

VX 220 – Ali Smith

Lotus Excel – Mark Jackson

Lotus Elan SE M100 ( 1991 ) - Archie Buchanan

Let me know Bingoking what time you'll be heading over the Tay Bridge and I'll try to join you at the Dundee end.  Think we might just be lucky with the weather Sunday afternoon.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I've just been on google maps figuring out my routes and journey times, seems my estimates were way out! I need to drop my other half in Lanark at 9.30am for a photoshoot she's working on, then from there it's giving me a 3 to 3.5 hour estimate to the GTM which should see me there by 1pm, but I then need to be back In Lanark to collect Heather for about 5.30pm. So it seems I'm going to be up there for an hour. :ermm:

40 minutes ago, Colin G said:

I've just been on google maps figuring out my routes and journey times, seems my estimates were way out! I need to drop my other half in Lanark at 9.30am for a photoshoot she's working on, then from there it's giving me a 3 to 3.5 hour estimate to the GTM which should see me there by 1pm, but I then need to be back In Lanark to collect Heather for about 5.30pm. So it seems I'm going to be up there for an hour. :ermm:

Lot of driving for an hour Colin. Great if you can make it but understandable if you cant.

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Let me know Bingoking what time you'll be heading over the Tay Bridge and I'll try to join you at the Dundee end.  Think we might just be lucky with the weather Sunday afternoon.

If you post (or message me) that time, I can tag along from Dundee too.  I was planning to take the same route and also thinking of going to Fennel.

Also providing my exhaust fitting goes ok tonight / tomorrow.  The new one looks the same as the old one, but with more tail pipes!

Chris

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Corranga said:

Also providing my exhaust fitting goes ok tonight / tomorrow.  The new one looks the same as the old one, but with more tail pipes!

You having a bit of tail pipe envy there Chris? Glad you got the new exhaust, hopefully it will be a straightforward changeover... all jobs are simple on a Lotus aren't they? ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GordonMasson said:

Lot of driving for an hour Colin. Great if you can make it but understandable if you cant.

Still every bit my intention to be there Gordon, barring any hiccups. A lot of driving in my car is never a negative, I just would've preferred more time to look over all the cars.

• Like 2