Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Day, Grampian Transport Museum 2016 - Page 4 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Day, Grampian Transport Museum 2016

@C8RKH, @Corranga We are planning to leave Kirkcaldy at 9:00am so should be at the Fife end of Tay Bridge for 9:30am. Should be at The Fennel for 11:30am leaving there at 12:30pm to arrive Alford at 1:00pm. If we don't see you at Tay Bridge or just North of Dundee we could meet up at Stracathro Services 10:00am ish before deciding if Cairn O' Mount is clear. Gordon would like us all there and parked up by 1:30pm.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
13 minutes ago, Colin G said:

Still every bit my intention to be there Gordon, barring any hiccups. A lot of driving in my car is never a negative, I just would've preferred more time to look over all the cars.

Top man Chris, hope to see you Sunday....look out for the speed cameras :ph34r:

2 hours ago, bingoking said:

@C8RKH, @Corranga We are planning to leave Kirkcaldy at 9:00am so should be at the Fife end of Tay Bridge for 9:30am. Should be at The Fennel for 11:30am leaving there at 12:30pm to arrive Alford at 1:00pm. If we don't see you at Tay Bridge or just North of Dundee we could meet up at Stracathro Services 10:00am ish before deciding if Cairn O' Mount is clear. Gordon would like us all there and parked up by 1:30pm.

Do you go round Dundee (as in, along the dual carriageway parallel to the docks, the up greendykes road / onto the Kingsway), or through Dundee (up Albert St. and past Morgan Academy).

I live on Kingsway East near the Shell station, if you drive around, you'll pass my house, so I can hang about outside until I see you coming and join you.

If you go through, I can be waiting somewhere :)

Chris

• Like 1

Hi Chris, I always go through Dundee past Morgan Academy. From memory I think there is a lay-bys just after the traffic lights on The Kingsway/A90 junction.  

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 18:21, hedgerley said:

And at the risk of COMPLETELY alienating Al and for those of you who have not a scooby what the cone story is all about. here for your viewing pleasure, the once a year airing of that infamous track run in 2010.

Aw gee thanks Hugely, I haven't seen that in absolutely ages........... maybe a whole year.  :X

(In fact I haven't seen it now coz our net nanny offshore blocks U-Tube but heh ho I'm sure I can guess what it looks like :blush:)

Hope you get a good turnout of punters and great weather.  My advice is look out for errant cones. :driving:

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Hi. I will take my 1988 lotus excel for the static display

Bill Stables

1988 excel se

B12WPS

engine : Lotus type 912, Spec 10, 2174cc, 16 valve DOHC

180bhp

Top speed 128mph , 0-60 7.2 sec

Full body restoration in July 2013

5 hours ago, Ladserbill said:

Hi. I will take my 1988 lotus excel for the static display

Bill Stables

1988 excel se

B12WPS

engine : Lotus type 912, Spec 10, 2174cc, 16 valve DOHC

180bhp

Top speed 128mph , 0-60 7.2 sec

Full body restoration in July 2013

Look forward to seeing you there Bill

We've just tried to get all the equipment in to the 400 for the photo shoot today and it's not happening. Going to have to run Heather to Lanark in the estate and then see what time it gets me back here, hopefully google maps journey time estimates are OTT and I'll get it done much quicker. :(

Mmmm a high of 12C, that's almost tropical. ?

15 minutes ago, Colin G said:

We've just tried to get all the equipment in to the 400 for the photo shoot today and it's not happening. Going to have to run Heather to Lanark in the estate and then see what time it gets me back here, hopefully google maps journey time estimates are OTT and I'll get it done much quicker. :(

Take it easy, hopefully see you later. 

9 minutes ago, bingoking said:

Mmmm a high of 12C, that's almost tropical. ?

Take it easy, hopefully see you later. 

I'm sure it's a typo and they mean 21C.......it is Scotland after all! 

Only just got back from Lanark guys, by the time I got up there I'd literally have to do a drive by and head back. Disappointing and a big apology from me for letting the side down, better planning needed on my part for next time.

7 hours ago, Colin G said:

Only just got back from Lanark guys, by the time I got up there I'd literally have to do a drive by and head back. Disappointing and a big apology from me for letting the side down, better planning needed on my part for next time.

Not a problem at all Colin. I thought it would be a very long drive for the sake of being up here for an hour but really appreciate you wanting to give it a go. 

Hope you can make it next year. 

Thanks for a great turn out today. 

The Lotus Day at GTM has become a very popular event with the museum visitors. Martyn, the events organiser said he though it was the most popular one so far.

Thanks again

Gordon

P.S. Please post up your pictures 

• Like 2

Pictures!  Post means nothing without pictures!  Just to make me jealous if nothing else.

Thanks for arranging with GTM Gordon,  We must have a chat offline sometime with Brian about date allocation for next year.

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Sorry. No pictures as too busy driving. Oh, and after hundreds of laps I didn't hit a single cone Al!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
9 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Sorry. No pictures as too busy driving. Oh, and after hundreds of laps I didn't hit a single cone Al!

Likewise for me, although I did hit a rabbit. :cry:

Brilliant day - what a fantastic way to pump half a tank's worth of carbon molecules into the atmosphere.

Many thanks Gordon for organising.

I was right behind you. First time I've seen a rabbit do a triple salko with half twist. Poor bunny. The crows made short work of it I think.

Another great day, thanks Gordon. Sorry Al, no photos, too busy driving. Brian looked quite the professional with his long lens. I'm sure he'll be along shortly

That's a shame but to be fair, bunny was asking for it! He was playing chicken all afternoon! Thanks to all for organising and  a big thanks for the run in the GTE, what a machine!! Hopefully my car will be in better health next time to do some track runs 

• Like 2