Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New engine - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New engine

Hi all,

I am going for what is hopefully my last very big investment in my car. I want to swap my 2liter for the S4 engine. I heared the labour of an engine swap will set me back by at least 1000 quid or so. But since it

Patrick

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I am going for what is hopefully my last very big investment in my car. I want to swap my 2liter for the S4 engine. I heared the labour of an engine swap will set me back by at least 1000 quid or so. But since it

Im Brian and so is my wife

not to act like an authority (I'm not at all) but I don't think the weight difference could be that great, could it? wouldn't be surprised if the suspension was set slightly differently though.

Sounds like this is DIY... good luck with that:D

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

I believe the 2 liter was made to meet certain requirements in a few countries. There would be little weight difference in the models.

What would make the engine swap nessesary?

Is the engine blown to the point where you need to replace it?

Also insurance might go up with mods.

The GT3 uses the same suspension as the S4 and S4s. This has been confirmed by Lotus. Weight difference would be very minimal. Not sure if the ECU would need changing, would guess they would be the same except for the chip.

This is something LEW is considering in the near future (2-3 years). A brand new S4 engine (basically the same as the SE) in our SE would be a nice upgrade for future reliability. Could also get the tanks checked and coated at the same time. Plenty of spares would be left over too!

Cheaper option than upgrading from an SE to S4 or S4s. With all the mods and work done on LEW's Esprit, we don't fancy upgrading and going back to stock. Also a V8 isn't something we would consider. S300 maybe.

Not sure it's worth it on a new, low mileage (?) GT3 though. But then owning an Esprit has never been about ecomonically sense. Just make sure you get plenty of pictures and details for LEW.

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>