Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Mobile Tyre Fitting - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Mobile Tyre Fitting

Usually I buy tyres online from the likes of Black Circles and have them delivered to the local garage for fitting. Looking on Tyreleader I see the option for mobile fitting, which would be really convenient as time for this sort of thing is scarce since we had the baby. So I was wondering who's used a mobile fitting service? Obvious questions that come to mind are was it done literally at the roadside or do you have a fair amount of driveway to work on, are there any drawbacks compared to going to the garage and whether the fitter is likely to have problems with the TPMS valves (it's for an Evora).

Thanks!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They do it all in the back of their van do you don't need much room, just enough to jack your car up. Make sure they've got a balancing machine with them, I've seen a fitters van without recently and they tried to say since it was a rear wheel it didn't need balancing! :lol:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Last Friday I took my Lexus (not Lotus) to a place called "Wheels in Motion" in Chesham for a full geo set up. Had new tyres fitted a couple of weeks ago and wheels balanced, but was getting steering wheel wobble at 50-60 mph so got them to check that as well. All the wheels had been balanced wrong even though I watched the bloke do it! This place only uses the latest equipment which must cost a fortune but the end result is 100% perfect. They will not use those guns with worn out sockets to remove wheel nuts, they do it be hand and torque nuts up to required settings when done. No way would I let some bloke try to do a "proper" job in the back of a van! 

3 hours ago, esprit22 said:

"Wheels in Motion" in Chesham

I've used these before for my 4x4 Jap estate car. They are very knowledgeable and did a great job tracking the car. The owner also had a Lotus Esprit, not sure if he still own it?

:) 

It's getting there......

Thanks for the feedback,  I might try the local mobile team at home with the Skoda first and see how they get on before letting them loose on the Evora!