Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 exhaust? - Page 3 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 exhaust?

21 hours ago, Neal H said:

Okay, road test complete.

Sport mode engaged, close exhaust valve, 2nd gear and floor it....

The valve definitely opens at 4500rpm :no

The handbook is telling lies, sorry.

I also seem to remember @Bibs saying that it would open with more than 50% throttle. So bring the revs up slowly static and you might get away with it past 4.5k? 

My personal view remains that the 400 is too loud for any UK track even if this works and you would be booted off on the driveby.

Whilst we're on this, does anyone else's valve squeak on opening and (slightly quieter) on closing?  Or is it that my neighbour has, after only a week, resorted to covert sabotage and I should be looking for a literal spanner in the works?

• Gold FFM
17 hours ago, Chew said:

Whilst we're on this, does anyone else's valve squeak on opening and (slightly quieter) on closing?  Or is it that my neighbour has, after only a week, resorted to covert sabotage and I should be looking for a literal spanner in the works?

Nope, my valve occasionally refuses to open or close for a few seconds of button pressing. But the valve itself I can't hear operating.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

I emailed hangar 111 to ask as I saw something on their website about track legal exhaust. Apparently komotec make an exhaust that was a direct fit on the S but can fit the 400 with the addition of a Y pipe due to the increased bore. This is a quiet low back pressure system that can be left switched in place through the whole rev range. There must be a mod to the exhaust switch program too I guess. Not a cheap option at about £1700 + vat for both. Surely the Evora 410 will have to use something similar and be track ready as std?