Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
South West Festival Of Motoring - Page 4 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

South West Festival Of Motoring

bigsi

• Gold FFM

No prob Dave - all gazebo's only take 5 mins to put up and take down.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how about pm'ing your mobile number to the ones coming, or at least me , just in case something happens and we need to contact.

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

many thanks to you all for turning up, apologies for being slightly late this morning, its all my fault, needed food, had cramp in leg fr 5 miles and forgot my meds....

however it was good to see you all and meet some new faces. at least the rain held off later in the day and it warmed up slightly.

thanks for making the effort to travel all the way down for this, im sorry it wasnt better than it was.

simon

DSCN5393.jpg

DSCN5384.jpg

DSCN5385.jpg

DSCN5388.jpg

DSCN5392.jpg

DSCN5408.jpg

DSCN5409.jpg

DSCN5411.jpg

Well we had a good day out today despite Noah sailing past at about 2.00pm!! We also discovered that the esprit has remarkable off road capability in the wet!!

But before the story of the day + pics I must say thanks to BigSi for putting me up on Sat night and Kelly for having another esprit nut in the house. (lovlely family and cameron has one really cheeky giggle). It was a good day with Barry, Dodgy, Punky, Garry & Mary, Iain, Ade and his missues (I knew I would forget a name! Sorry) me and of course BigSi, plenty of lovely chat and banter :(

An early start and a bit of a rush, we were late, and Andy (punky) was late too and so we arrived 2 mins after the be there sharp at sainsburys time that Si had posted. Whooops!!! The damp spirits didnt get anyone down and we made it to the racecourse in time. We has to drive round a muddy potholed turf and mud road and across the field to get to out pitch (right bang in the middle of the event.)

This was where we discovered that the esprit cuts long grass well and copes with mud and off roading fine. But imagine the screams from Punkys car! He had is virgin Oz split rim on the car getting cacked in crap :crybaby:

Dodgy had been a true scout leader and had gone and bought a gazebo for us all to sit under, a good move as it peed it down. Well the funny thin was that it wasnt water proof and so began to leak (much merry ment at our disposition). BigSi came to the rescue and cover the gazebo with his Lotus Car Cover. True british grit! So in the end we did have a lotus tent!!

We cleaned and polished the cars up and the heavens opened again. Apart from the exhibitors there werew about a handful of paying punters at the door (one of them was Iain in his customary shorts) Our row of esprits was by far teh most exotic there and as the rain fade in the afternoon, lots of poeple came to look and discuss our motors and read the spec sheets we had on the dash boards.

The other exhibitors cars were ok, and like us most poeple were huddled in ther gazebos too. The Bison burgers were good (we think Simon and about a half kilo one to start the morning off with!!).

About 70 yards from us was the Orchard Radio lorry with Diamond Dave Kn***ead and his chum banging out DJ drivel all day long. We comtemplated sabotaging the lorry with a can of petrol but what with the security alert on high it might end up badly for us. Punky wanted to eletrically sabotage their lorry. Imagine hospital radio but 10 times worse. What made us laugh was one old lady pitched up with a stool and sat and watched these prats for an hour? I mean wtf was that about, probably a care in the community case and so we shouldnt laugh.

We watch a bipplane and a wing walker fly past about 15 times whilst we were held hostage on some health and safety grounds. It was about 3ish and we had all packed and were ready to go. Ade tried to blind side them by busting out but the jobs worth marshall pulled him up. Eventually we all fired up and interupted the parade of exotics to bust out. In fact our parade of 7 esprits was 10 times better than the one organised!! LOL!

A good day out even in the rain and a big thanks to Si for his 1st LEF event. ;)

Here are some piccies.....

The happy bunch sheltering

PICT1247.jpg

The crap from off roading

PICT1276.jpg

A rainbow of esprits headed up by a smart Essex

PICT1249.jpg

Some other cars...

PICT1253.jpg

PICT1254.jpg

PICT1258.jpg

PICT1263.jpg

Satans Spawn

PICT1268.jpg

PLus some funnies

PICT1271.jpg

Dave with a noise cancelling set up!!

PICT1275.jpg

Check others out here

Oh and yes I had a lovely power nap about 1.30ish, i recall there might be video footage of it!!!!

seems like you had a great day out, thanks for the pics and words

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• Gold FFM

Good to catch up all again. Well done Si for organising and well done Dave for keeping us slightly dry under the gazebo.

Wetesprits.jpg

Wet.jpg

Edited by Kimbers
Moved pictures

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I've just come in the house from cleaning the mud off the underneath of the car - blimey it got everywhere, but what a great day.

A big thank you to Simon for organising us and Dave for the shelter.

Must admit I was surprised by the absolute devotion that some members of those other car clubs have to their cars - I guess I can understand some but...Vauxhall Cavalier MK2's being given 200 BHP and the Corsa's ???. I guess each to their own but surely these guys could put their hard earned into an Esprit given how cheap they are and at least have a car that looks the "muts nuts" as well as going like them them.

It was a shame about the weather but it did eventually dry up on the way home and I had a great drive up the A303 and A30.

Nice to meet some of the guys on the forum.

Bazza

PICT1268.jpg

Hopefully they have just announced request hour and the marshall is saying "can you go play in a different field?"

Looks like a great day was had despite the weather. Just wished I could have made it. Spent the day fixing other peoples cars and playing Need 4 Speed....

Loved the piccys....

That was a good report, I couldnt have put it better, a good day, shame the cars got muddy & wet but nevermind. Good to meet you all again guys, looking forward to the next meet, hopefully the weather will be better & if its the Weston Super Mare meet... maybe the tide will be in.

Nice pics.

I do have to ask though, Ian do you EVER take those shorts off?.........Erm, that wasn't an offer by the way! :(

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Just wanted to add my and GINA's thanks to Bigsi for organising the day, and of course Dave for the gazebo. I appologise for the Peter Stringfellow deck chair which Si said looked like it was made from his old thongs :( . Shame about the weather but good to see some Esprit friends again. I will edit some video together and post on Youtube, oh and yes Alex there is video of your power nap. Off to get the Jetwash out now to clean the mud and grass off underneath of the orange lady.

overall a good day really, a little damp but could have been a lot worse ;)

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

and i have to say a very big Thank Youto you all for the one and only prezzy of my birthday - nothing of my real family.

IMG_0970.jpg

and i was not expecting......

IMG_0971.jpg

:D:P Thankyou guys 'n gals

Dodgy

i only had chance to take a couple of pics, i forgot to change the batteries in the camera.

Punky's car is excellent ;) and it had some people looking at the engine with a bemused look on their faces.

anybody got anymore pics of it?

• Gold FFM
Nice pics.

I do have to ask though, Ian do you EVER take those shorts off?.........Erm, that wasn't an offer by the way! ;)

Hasn't anybody realised the Summer is here? Down to three pairs now - black unavailable for questioning.

post-910-1184626532.jpg

i recieved an email from the swfom teram today, offering thanks for attending and supporting the event.

we will be getting a more preferential treatment next year due to the feedback they have recieved reguarding the cars and people.

well done to those who attended and represented the forum, email as follows.

Dear Simon / Lotus Esprit Club

A week has now passed since the Southwest Festival of swimming and we just wanted to write and say thank you so much for your support on what was a frustrating day precipitation wise!

The show was over 150 cars down on what should have been on display due to the elements but as motor enthusiasts ourselves it is understandable that some pride and joys didn