Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Nitron NTR 46 - 1 way - Hoffman's Version - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Nitron NTR 46 - 1 way - Hoffman's Version

Hi,

I hear Chris Randall has his own variant of the Nitron NTR 1-way 46mm suspension kit, available only from Hoffman's.

Has anyone here had this kit fitted, and if so have you got any feedback, like is it too much on the road, and what is the improvement on track, etc.

Thanks.

Thanks @Bibs for tagging me in. Chris is this for your Exige?

Chris developed his own valving in conjunction with Nitron. There is nothing 'wrong' with the standard Nitron kit, Chris just wanted something a little different!

The main difference you will feel on the road is that the Hofmanns valving is designed to be a little more supple on minor bumps/compressions, we also tailor the spring choice exactly to you rather than offering a 'fast road' spring rate etc. 

More than happy to answer any questions you may have on either setup, feel free to call on 01491 848800.

Pat

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@alias23 Imran: which way did you go with the Nitrons? 1, 2 or 3way? next thing for me is suspension ... and I am seriously thinking about Nitrons 3 way... but have not found anybody yet that has them...

@Pat@Hofmanns whats your take on the 3-way? I am 50/50 track and road and therefore want a setup that still works on road and not only on track... which route should I go?

I'm running one way however must admit that id love remote adjustment as removing the rear wheels to adjust every time is a real PITA although one way are significantly cheaper than 2 or 3 way.

Depends how much you 'need' and will use the adjustment. 

There are plenty of folks running 3-way not heard a bad word everyone very happy a number of which I know where installed by Hoffmans

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

@NW76 it all depends how much adjustment you want! 1 ways are 'easier' to adjust with the single rebound/compression adjuster, however you will get a much wider range of adjustment with a 3 way kit so can be tailored to different usages better than 1 way.

The 1 way will be a huge improvement over the standard dampers, but if you can justify the price increase of the 3 way they are absolutely fantastic.

• Like 1

Hi Pat,

thanks a lot! I am not sure how often I really would end up changig the settings ... but if it is easy (remote adjustment) certainly than if I have to always remove the rear wheels... 

I will try the Oehlins next week and then make up my mind which route to go...

Cheers

Norbert

@NW76

My experience with adjustable dampers for guys like us, which are not paid for driving a car, is as follows. I really liked to adjust the suspensions, but at least, I had two or maybe three settings. One for the road, one for flat track, one for the Northloop (Nürburgring). At the RIng, you need much more negative stroke length, why this is the real task to handle.

Finally it ends up in two settings - road and track. Two way adjustment I really appreciate, one way would not be enough for me. Much more than damper settings you need to talk about spring rate, because this is the main task to find out. Without tough spring rate you will not be happy on track, with the required spring rate on track, you won't get lucky on street. At least it will end up with a second car ;):D

• Like 2