Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Tyre options for the Elise S Cup / Cup 220? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Tyre options for the Elise S Cup / Cup 220?

Hi guys, I picked up my Elise S Cup last week and am absolutely loving the car! Previously had an Elise 111R so am enjoying the extra torque and beefier styling.

My car has the Yokohama A048 tyres fitted which according the the Lotus site means it's sat on optional wheels.

Yokohama Advan A048 LTS tyres with satin black Motorsport Elise Cup R forged alloy wheels, front 195/50 R16, rear 225/45 R17

Going by the manual the difference is that the front wheels are wider at 6.5 rather than 6.0 meaning that the standard AD07 tyres won't fit.

BUT... it states 'Motorsport Elise Cup R' wheels... which these are not. So I guess these are the bigger tyres on the smaller rim?

Now I have read that the new Elise Cup 250 features the same 195 width A048 tyres too... but are there any winter options?

Would appreciate your input on tyre options! Working out which wheels I've got will be the important bit!

IMG_5569.jpg

Edited by SCupDriver

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats on the new car, lovely colour. Not sure of your choice of maiden voyage for the celebration lunch however :huh::lol:

I'm not sure Lotus have a winter option for the Elise (will check when the factory is open tomorrow for you) but the Evora I had on winters used Yokohama W-Drive's. I was so taken by how good they are I now use them on my other cars in the winter. My review of the tyres and interview with Matt Becker is here...

http://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/long-term-tests/lotus-evora-long-term-test-winter-tyres/

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Congrats - looks great. Is it Liquid Yellow?

Welcome to TLF Simon - Pop over to introductions and say hi!

There were 3 options of wheels/tyres on the Elise S/220 Cup, standard, forged and the lightweight ones of the Cup R. I believe all of the ones branded S Cup came with the forged wheels as standard because the normal ones were not available. Looking at your wheels i would say they are the forged ones.

Here are the Cup R lightweight ones on our 220 Cup:

ICapture.PNG

And these are the forged ones from our old Elise S CR - which i think are the same as yours:

Capture.PNG

Interested to know your findings - we are considering a second set for wet track days - but will go with tyres and wheels; probably a set of Team Dynamics but not settled on a tyre yet.

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Thanks @Bibs! Would appreciate any insight into tyre options. When i said winter, i really just meant something more practical than semi slicks :P with the amount of rain we've had I've been surprised at how well the A048's have performed 

Very interesting information here @LF1 and it got me looking into the options available. My wheels are definitely forged, so it's likely that the fronts are standard 6inch width and exactly the same as the CR. The 195 profile tyres would still fit the narrower rim, whereas the larger 6.5inch wheel (the motorsport option you have) wouldn't allow fitting of the usual 175 profile AD07. I had these on the 111R and they were a great all rounder (and a fair bit cheaper)

Looking through the 2014 updated service parts list i can only find this wheel design in 6inch width (see attached). So unless Lotus also made 6.5inch versions of the same design, i would be able to fit the standard tyres.

As for the colour, it's Zest Yellow, which I am guessing was an option paint as it's metallic. Love the colour and really 'pops' compared to saffron yellow!

Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 21.10.28.png

Edited by SCupDriver

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Congrats on the new car, lovely colour. Not sure of your choice of maiden voyage for the celebration lunch however :huh::lol:

Fear not! I simply pulled over to undo the 4 point harnesses so i could stop and reach my sunglasses case! B-)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 21/06/2016 at 21:18, SCupDriver said:

Thanks @Bibs! Would appreciate any insight into tyre options. When i said winter, i really just meant something more practical than semi slicks :P with the amount of rain we've had I've been surprised at how well the A048's have performed 

Very interesting information here @LF1 and it got me looking into the options available. My wheels are definitely forged, so it's likely that the fronts are standard 6inch width and exactly the same as the CR. The 195 profile tyres would still fit the narrower rim, whereas the larger 6.5inch wheel (the motorsport option you have) wouldn't allow fitting of the usual 175 profile AD07. I had these on the 111R and they were a great all rounder (and a fair bit cheaper)

Looking through the 2014 updated service parts list i can only find this wheel design in 6inch width (see attached). So unless Lotus also made 6.5inch versions of the same design, i would be able to fit the standard tyres.

As for the colour, it's Zest Yellow, which I am guessing was an option paint as it's metallic. Love the colour and really 'pops' compared to saffron yellow!

Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 21.10.28.png

Any idea of the weight of these wheels?