Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Diagnostic equipment? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Diagnostic equipment?

What does everyone use? Need to get something decent so i can reprogram airbag lights and have a full diagnosis. Seen the Lotus TechCentre, but anything else? 

Would love a plug in program so i can use it on track, oil pressure and temp, and live AFR would be good.

finding the OBD port is the first task though :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The port is under the dash, ahead of the gearstick. It has a plastic cover that needs removing but is easy to spot.

Currently I am trialling a Bluetooth OBD2 dongle, made by vgate. I have acquired this through work but online it seems about £5-10. I pair this to my phone using the Torque app (£2.99 for the full version), which allows live reading and logging of user selectable ECU parameters (you can export an .xls file). It also reads and clears fault codes.

I've been using it to log journeys, and last week have logged a couple laps of the Nordschleife which I am yet to review. It's proving a useful tool so far.

• 2 months later...

I am looking for a gear dash indicator (like on the cup R) , ideally to plug on the OBD :

https://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/Performance_Aftermarket/Products/Displays/Gear_Indicator/GDS-5011/

does someone have already install this kind of system ?

PS : isn't that a feature that an app can offer (harry's lap, torque or others), providing the use of a OBD dongle ?

edit : I use Dash Command on my Iphone, with the Icar2 dongle, and I was thinking about a a custom dash that I saw a long time ago, for Elise S3, with a gear display ... and I retrieved it ! 

Here's a snapshot ... I don't know if it is the actual gear that is displayed, or just a guessed one, neither if this dashboard  can be customized to display a bigger gear indicator, without all that mess around, but I can try it on my car and let you know ...

IMG_0950.PNG

Edited by French Frie
Snapshot added

• 1 year later...

I currently have a CEL which I think has been triggered by my exhaust - I was wondering how good dash command is at clearing codes? It obviously mentions it in the blurb but assume its only as good as the database on the ap?

Have you managed to clear any codes? Will probably get the ap anyways as it looks damn cool

Thanks

Mike

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 22:41, French Frie said:

PS : isn't that a feature that an app can offer (harry's lap, torque or others), providing the use of a OBD dongle ?

edit : I use Dash Command on my Iphone, with the Icar2 dongle, and I was thinking about a a custom dash that I saw a long time ago, for Elise S3, with a gear display ... and I retrieved it ! 

Here's a snapshot ... I don't know if it is the actual gear that is displayed, or just a guessed one, neither if this dashboard  can be customized to display a bigger gear indicator, without all that mess around, but I can try it on my car and let you know ...

IMG_0950.PNG

Hi I've bought both dashcommand and the icar2 dongle - can't for the life of me try and get them to connect. 

In settings do you use the obd type as ELM?

Thanks!