Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
350 Sport gear shift - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

350 Sport gear shift

I had a drive of an Exige 350 Sport yesterday and one of the highlights was the gear change. It's surprising how a great gear change can enhance your enjoyment of a car. My 2-11 gear change however is pretty crap. At Donington last month I was missing gears on downshifts which knocks your confidence in braking late and heel & toe'ing down the box. it's never bothered me much before but at Donington it was really noticeable. 

I wonder if anyone has looked to see if the nice new Exige mechanism at the gear lever end can be retro fitted onto an S2? With motorsport gear cables it might make a huge difference...... I dread to think how much it would cost however. 

Would be interested to know, as the gearchange is not perfect.

one thing i struggle with is heel and toe in the exige. I try and roll my foot over, but the pedals are hard to master! 

I asked if it was possible on an older exige and got this response from lotus 

I have discussed the issue of
retro fitting the new improved gear change to your Exige but
unfortunately they are not compatible. This is due to some
bonding and chassis changes needed to accommodate the gear
shift unit.
Also the switch gear is
different and will need extensive modifications to your
exciting harness.

?

Hi Chris,

there are HnT Pedal adjustments/add ons available that help ... I remember having seen them on one of the Lotus Parts websites but can not remember where it was... those will make HnT a lot easier for you...

Cheers

Norbert

1 hour ago, NW76 said:

Hi Chris,

there are HnT Pedal adjustments/add ons available that help ... I remember having seen them on one of the Lotus Parts websites but can not remember where it was... those will make HnT a lot easier for you...

Cheers

Norbert

http://www.sector111.com/parts/interior/trim/hntpad_heel_and_toe.cfm 

Such as this?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NW76 said:

Exactly ... there is another one that brings the paddles even closer together and makes the gas paddle "wider" ... used in a lot of stick shift race cars .... 

sml_pedal-combination.jpg

• Like 2

Changed my gearbox oil to Red Line MT90 approximately 2.7L and would say after second flush gear shift now 10-15% better after about 1k miles

My old oil came out clean with no metal particles in it at all so wasn't expecting any improvement but must admit does seem sweeter

Don't bother filling through the speedo cable connection just drain get the car level and refill using the level fill plug you will need an oil syringe for this

P1020373 (1024x768).jpg

• 3 years later...
On 20/08/2016 at 00:00, marky68 said:

sml_pedal-combination.jpg

Who made / supplied the larger screwed on accelerator pedal above, please?

I have spent ages looking but cannot find it. It's fantastic. 

I want to adjust the 340R gas/brake pedals for my heel and toe comfort.

Also, does anyone know about the brake (and clutch) pedal below which has 3 different rivet mounting holes underneath it, allowing adjusting?

682929687_Screenshot2020-05-29at15_10_45.thumb.png.0a6b72ae79683a3710ba235b539ac3e0.png