Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sport 350 Flame Red - Page 3 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Sport 350 Flame Red

MartynB

You know the whole thread makes me wonder how much it would cost to repaint an Exige all over? ? 

Does anybody know? Not that I want to part ways with my beloved matte black but I am already thinking what to do when it looks bad years down the road / track ?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Before I bought my first Exige in 2007 which was in Krypton Green, I looked at an S2 Exige that was in the showroom at Lotus Ribble Valley.This was painted in Chilli Red and was stunning B-)

I think they should have called it Motorsport Red, as it had the same gold tint to it as Motorsport Black and Motorsport Green. My next S2 Exige was in the green and my first  S3 was in the black.

I wonder if Lotus will do the Chilli red again in the future :)

18 minutes ago, Fortis said:

I think they should have called it Motorsport Red, as it had the same gold tint to it as Motorsport Black and Motorsport Green.

As it happens, the red colour on the Exige 360 Cup wheels is called Motorsport Red.

Earlier today, at Hethel....

IMG_2525.JPG

Obviously the iphone camera doesn't do the paint job justice. Comes out a little desaturated :)

There's a two/three week wait on the special tints, which need to be made up in Belgium. Until then, it's tucked away in "The Ballroom". Was great to get a sneaky tour of the paint section from Mally. Top bloke. You can really see the car they put into the paint jobs. Lots of detail checks at several points along the process.

I have to say I'm wondering about a possible Red Candy powdercoat finish, but we'll see how it looks in the metal. I only saw them on clamless cars which aren't at all representative of the finished article. I suspect they may actually look quite nice in plain alloy.

51 minutes ago, MartynB said:
  • Mally says if anyone wants Liquid Yellow, and pay the premium he's happy to do cars in it. He had no idea where rumours to the opposite had come from.

That Liquid Yellow rumor might be me, but it's what I was told by Scott when I was at the factory thinking about my spec/paint job etc

4 hours ago, MartynB said:

The Exige supercharger is now unpainted and doesn't bear a Lotus plaque. Because it's not on show. Obviously that doesn't mean it can't be dressed after market

Got a picture of this? Would be interested to see. I always wondered what the little LOTUS PERFORMANCE plaque weighs as it seems to serve no purpose other than for show.

Pictures? No pictures. Scott said I couldn't take any pictures. Any pictures I posted were obviously Photoshopped :)

So, no unfortunately not. Maybe someone with a "Post S/C Badge Delete" Sport 350 can oblige.

1 hour ago, 550superfast said:

Got a picture of this? Would be interested to see. I always wondered what the little LOTUS PERFORMANCE plaque weighs as it seems to serve no purpose other than for show.

I've got a spare one in my garage - it's plastic and probably weighs a few grammes at most!

in fact, I think the postage was less than £1 it's that light.

'....it makes every other roadster look just a little bit cissy...'

2 hours ago, 550superfast said:

It probably now doesn't look too disimilar to how the 'charger in Evora S looked.

Hopefully the photo works:

2011-lotus-evora-s-parts-engine-close-up

That pic link fell to bits @Arun_D, let's try this...

2011-lotus-evora-s-parts-engine-close-up.jpg

and yes, they look like that now. I assume they still have the upper cover between the S/C and the bulkhead.

Another revelation was quite how lovely the Military Grey looks. Wow! Very subtle olive shade with what appears to be a slightly golden metallic sheen. Very nice.

• Like 1

Agree on Military Grey, it's more khaki green than grey, one of my favourite colours for a V6S. Works best on cars without the matt black panels though. But the Evora GTE in Military Grey... sweet Jesus! :shock:

7 hours ago, MartynB said:

That pic link fell to bits @Arun_D, let's try this...

2011-lotus-evora-s-parts-engine-close-up.jpg

and yes, they look like that now. I assume they still have the upper cover between the S/C and the bulkhead.

Another revelation was quite how lovely the Military Grey looks. Wow! Very subtle olive shade with what appears to be a slightly golden metallic sheen. Very nice.

I'm pleased i got mine before this change ,

20160728_150602.jpg