Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
lotus excel se gear knob - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

lotus excel se gear knob

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I removed my old leather gear knob in preference for a wooden one that matched those to release the front seats forward.

I will check in the garage next weekend when I return home to see if I still have it, but now thinking I may have chucked it!

@JayEmm - Mine is a replacement - and does match the style of the seat tilt knobs.

As Roy says the OEM was round/ball without logo - however, I don't think they were all leather, I'm sure there were round wood knobs.

If you do an image search for lotus excel interior there are a number of different styles - although looking at them, maybe it's the pre-SE that had the wooden ones :)

to help, here is an image of the interior of an excel se [not mine] with an original gearknob. to come back to the original posting , if you've got one to sell youll know.

238.JPG

237.JPG

ps....correct chris.......pre se wooden gearbs

Roy,

Sorry for the lack of reply, but my office have blocked the site from the office laptop which is all I have Mon to Friday. I have however found it wrapped in my garage, leather in good condition and, as you say, without a logo.

There were 3 tiny screws to hold the shaft in place that I can't find, but if you have the same then you will have the screws.

I did by my wood replacement with a Lotus logo off eBay but it was hard to find as some links wanted £25. I believe it was circa £15 in the end for those who asked.

Roy, ping me your address privately and I will post it to you, if it fits/works great, otherwise no harm done - my pleasure. Likely to have to wait until next weekend though.

Rgds

2 hours ago, DaKa said:

Sorry for the lack of reply, but my office have blocked the site from the office laptop which is all I have Mon to Friday

Try this - https://109.108.143.50/~dzxlgzyz - ignore the security warning, it's because the SSL cert is issued to the domain rather than the IP.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Thanks, the new http link worked bypassing my office IE security.

Roy, I caught the Royal Mail post on my way to travelling abroad today. Second class only though and too small an amount to mention.

I hope it is what you need and delivered soon?

i have a gearknob in stock for sale, (that black one with red letters on it)

30ml5r5.jpg

here you go...

• 5 months later...

its been sold, maby i have a other one into the future,

then i will send you a message