Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
surprised this esprit for sale so quick - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

surprised this esprit for sale so quick

pete

Totally agree with the above,  he has plenty of cars to keep him busy and his other silver turbo is lovely so it is not like he is going to be left without another lovely turbo esprit, also fantastic opertunity for someone onh ere to pick up a lovely  turbo esprit.  :)

A

This car used to belong to a very nice and helpful member on here who used to work at Lotus until fairly recently. He knows his stuff and I would be confident that it's in very good order. I'm surprised also that Bauke is moving it on so soon and I don't imagine it's a case of him finding something wrong with it behind the decision to move it on. My guess is that the exchange rate means he can make a few bucks if he managed to get a good price. €35k seems quite reasonable to me if it is a good one. Hellish handsome thing and surprisingly few in black and gold about. Especially with the right wheels on ;)

Not sure what the story is with the interior. I have to say it looks pretty good with the later seats in there but I would prefer the original puffa jacket style given the choice.

• Like 2

must i make a picture from my garage? one lotus is sleeping out side My garage, so i really dont have space, and i would like to keep my lotus cars inside my garage,

the price i am asking is a fair price, not a BIG overrated price, i want to respray it (for my own) in copper fire red, (james bond) but i dont have the time to do it, (the building up)

i still must find time to finish my S2. (who is standing for over 3 years) but she goes to the painter soon, i have found a good adres,

this esprit is a good driveable example, i drove her allready 400 km. and ofcourse without any problem,

i still need to finish the silver essex spec esprit turbo also, so this esprit was just for that i could drive a turbo esprit this summer...

hopefully this nice colour combo with the right wheels under it gets a good home, otherwise i must finish fast the S2 sell it and keep this car,

thats also fine for me,

710mrk.jpg

look how many space there is left, i also dont can reach my work table,

Don’t forget Bauke is on a mission to own every single esprit ever made,

(even if it is only for a week or twoo….:)

BTW Bauke hope you'r not selling her too soon so you can bring her to the november 5 lotus meeting at van der kooi

Hahaha Rick,

i will come for sure @ van der kooi the 5th of Nov.

maby (if i still have her with the esprit) or maby with my Exige S1 with Audi engine and 550 Bhp.

first we will see if i sell the esprit, and i must take a look to the weather 5 nov.

otherwise maby with the Esprit S4s.

===============================

@Straightbend : i have a guy who sends me allready a couple of e-mails how beg me to sell the TVR.

but i enjoy that car so much, and yess mine is trustfull!

That's interesting Tocus. How would you compare the TVR handling and specially the driving experience compared to the Esprit?

And 550HP in an Exige sounds insane. :)

How much does it weigh now with the Audi engine?

The Exige is my second favorite Lotus of all time, after the Esprit.

On 6-10-2016 at 22:30, lotus-62 said:

exige s1 with 550 bhp? das toch nie normaal da ding gaat oerend hard :)

ik zeg oehooeeee ik zeg aaahhaaaa... en jah dat gaat hard zat!

@Straightbend its different, but i love the tuscan, and also the esprit, both are 2 keepers, and that exige is insane fast, without any wheelspin at all, its from a other planed, not from here so fast!

esprit is still for sale:  new forum price: 32.500 euro

On 11/10/2016 at 22:35, Straightbend said:

I bet they handle pretty different. Would you say the TVR is more Corvette or more BMW M3 when it comes to the handling?

No wheel spin with 550HP and no computer aids in such a light car as the Elise is amusing.  Do you know the weight with the Audi engine?

I have had several TVR's over the last 15 years, in fact I recently sold my custom 4.7 Chimaera to a guy from Nederlands.

If set up properly they handle fantastically well, It (as a marque) doesn't handle as well as the Esprit for sure but they make up for that in noise and exhilaration. They handle a lot better than the vettes I have driven, I always find the LS to be such a lazy engine, none of that from the speed 6. Its probably also the quickest car/s I have ever driven and would leave the Esprit standing (on a straight road). I find them extremely comfortable to drive however I am 6'5 and the TVR is designed for taller people. Peter Wheeler himself was 6'5 so the Chimaera, Cerbera, Griffith and Tuscan were actually designed around his frame. I believe shorter people struggle and often have pedal boxes installed so they can reach the pedals.

All in all I think they are a fantastic car and I will be buying another one soon. Possibly a Tuscan S or a Cerb with speed 6 front

On 11-10-2016 at 15:05, Straightbend said:

I bet they handle pretty different. Would you say the TVR is more Corvette or more BMW M3 when it comes to the handling?

No wheel spin with 550HP and no computer aids in such a light car as the Elise is amusing.  Do you know the weight with the Audi engine?

No i dont know the weight but it goes on a bank soon so then i will know,

On 13-10-2016 at 08:37, james280779 said:

I have had several TVR's over the last 15 years, in fact I recently sold my custom 4.7 Chimaera to a guy from Nederlands.

If set up properly they handle fantastically well, It (as a marque) doesn't handle as well as the Esprit for sure but they make up for that in noise and exhilaration. They handle a lot better than the vettes I have driven, I always find the LS to be such a lazy engine, none of that from the speed 6. Its probably also the quickest car/s I have ever driven and would leave the Esprit standing (on a straight road). I find them extremely comfortable to drive however I am 6'5 and the TVR is designed for taller people. Peter Wheeler himself was 6'5 so the Chimaera, Cerbera, Griffith and Tuscan were actually designed around his frame. I believe shorter people struggle and often have pedal boxes installed so they can reach the pedals.

All in all I think they are a fantastic car and I will be buying another one soon. Possibly a Tuscan S or a Cerb with speed 6 front

If i where you i should go for a Tuscan S. or even better a 4.3 !

The Tuscan Speed 6 is quite an edgy device, especially compared to a Lotus. But they are fantastically characterful and absorbing to drive. Driving fast is a sweaty palmed affair but for those who find modern cars boring, a complete tonic. The Tuscan S with louder cans on the back sounded like a D Type Jag, they really are unique cars and have a very loyal following as a result. The best handling TVR I've driven, by a mile, was the Sagaris. Still not a patch on something like an Exige if you really want to push it hard in the corners but impressive effort nonetheless.