Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation - Page 105 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation

12 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Now we’re talking!:thumbsup:B-) What’s the hole to the left of the right lens cluster hole for?

Is it for the number plate light wiring? That’s all I can think of right now.

7 minutes ago, RichardJGC said:

Is it for the number plate light wiring? That’s all I can think of right now.

That would make senseB-) And looking at it again the rear panel is put on top of an already painted surface (ie the look of the S2) - wouldn’t have realised that either

I just checked that hole on mine and there is nothing going through it, the number plate wire goes through the large slot in the middle.

Must just be to add lightness :)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Andyww said:

I just checked that hole on mine and there is nothing going through it, the number plate wire goes through the large slot in the middle.

Must just be to add lightness :)

I’m now off to check mine.......2 ticks:P

ok edit - mine has a wire going through itB-)

1385A5E8-9D51-47E5-B543-3E113C745E9B.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveyT said:

Disappointed...

I  thought it was for the machine gun barrel 

There might be oil in that cable/pipe Dave.......for slicking the baddies:lol:

• Haha 1

IMG_3976.thumb.PNG.6abb4495016353b06b0e5e170c51511a.PNGI believe the above drawing is wrong. Here's why. The upper sandwich pipe is the engine out. The lower connection on the thermostat is the engine inlet. Maybe they drew it like this for clarity, but the above IMG_3966.thumb.PNG.66f38375a62ece2e1180f596fea6f9b2.PNGconnections are wrong! I also think that if you were to connect it back to front the cooling would be impaired. 

Fan harness

just about to upgrade this with waterproof connections. Female connector to cooling fan side. You don't need much for this apart from a good pair of crimpers and the following video.

The original fan loom is very simple. All three fans are connected in parallel.the loom also contains two wires for the thermal fan switch on the radiator pipe.

£3.56 for 10 plus £7 for crimp tool. Harness and fans are now done. You can't connect double wires to these fittings, so must joint to a single wire first them the waterproof connectors. New Battery rubber mat is in and battery is secured.

IMG_3986.thumb.JPG.c91813e96be7216cbcbb569a0b4781f6.JPGBrake servo pipe also fitted.IMG_3988.thumb.JPG.ac54048a69bf9f2abf84b3a3fc99adfa.JPGmaybe someone could help with the clutch master cylinder. What thread type is it? I need a straight union to connect the line M10x1 doesn't work??. Is it UNF?IMG_3989.thumb.JPG.a61dff8af86ebaffc9834834d33afa62.JPGstraght male/male union to connect them??.

The Esprit fan harness is very very simple.

I hate it when I can't find the correct thread type.  😡😡😡😡

Servo rubber  pipe is 10 mm/3/8. The wingnut on the battery is 6 mm. Don't forget the nut under the battery clap. The rubber battery mat came from S and J. 

Clutch hose braided

I stumbled across the solution. The new braided hose came with a kit that I forgot about. It includes these bits which can be used to make it work. There's no instructions like all these things!IMG_3992.thumb.PNG.91aca327f9dde5cfcee0f6bef1aa6f45.PNG

• Like 1

Ok I have looked into this in more detail, here's my guess? The right connector in the picture is a swivel connector. The long thin bit fits inside the cable and the fitting rotates to allow you to tighten the nut, the steel cable will not flex and you will not be able to tighten the nut without this connector. It would make sense one washer goes on the master Cylinder and the other at the slave end. The straight unions join it all together. Only problem the threads don't fit! If it did it would be far too easy!

F46CEFC1-139E-474B-B536-EB6DBA895A9F.thumb.png.44da8afcfb46cfa4c98ac0ee953d6b4c.pngThe master and slave also come with their own connectors Fabian, the only way I could get them to fit was a jumble of connectors as shown in the photos. The slave is a non-lotus version from S and J.

6150AB4C-8B8B-4F2B-BC05-977D918E0C92.png

Ad initium

Thanks. You would think these cables would be sold with the correct fittings! 

Can you remember what size thread the master and slave were? I'm guessing 3/8 UNF master and 7/16 UNF slave? 

I'm going to end up with a drawful of unuseable parts!