Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation - Page 112 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation

Where do the flat grommets go? In the light pod holes to access the bumper bolts.IMG_4258.thumb.JPG.ee25b95611f4f7e8b9dc4e446f685cc5.JPGIMG_4259.thumb.JPG.05849ceef25e6bff1df8e2002acd4956.JPGall nuts and bolts on fiberglass have spreader plates or penny washers to spread the load.IMG_4260.thumb.JPG.cdeeb96bdacbf580b0da44f4f7352c7c.JPGfuel vent system going back together. A T piece sits on this side. There are P clips riveted just above the quarter windows. Two one each side. The pipe from the drivers side connects to its. The two pipes are then glued above the rear window behind the carpet with contact adhesive. The end exits on the drivers side with clips to the chassis.

Wasn't happy with the rear chassis bolts. The washers are now at the platers. I am replacing the bolt with the correct high tensile 8.8 bolt. It's long so you can easily putbthe nut and washer on. It needs a long reach socket to tighten which is wh a lot of people swap them out.

14 minutes ago, Lotusfab said:

Headlight stickers have come out really well. How about £2 for two pm me.IMG_4265.thumb.JPG.ebea74409cf6c4be75a239328ee2dd5e.JPG

I see you still haven't got the hang of photography though!

How do they stack up to the original? They should be identical in size, if your measurements were correct.

Always he way @RichardJGC

I put huge batches of media blasting, powder coating and zinc plating. Then had smaller follow up batches as stuff surfaced. Fortunately only 2 zinc batches.

I’ve always found those body to chassis mounts a real worry on the Esprit - looks like an obvious weak point to me. Yours on the other hand look as good as the rest of the car and like new 

• Like 1

I have put the bonnet catches in. Started to work on the fresh air vent. The non aircon version like mine appears to have only one flap. Has anyone got any pictures of the installation? Here's what I have.IMG_2004.thumb.JPG.a20415b0b942e642f5b1affd010b5625.JPGIMG_2005.thumb.JPG.4f1235a2c150af9186947e0b3607a41a.JPGIMG_2006.thumb.JPG.d76903c945d692e7914e087c6d824237.JPG

Only the one flap with heater only. The hole is usually blanked off with a plastic panel.

Im adding a/c in which case you would add another flap and bracket.

31292CBE-C1D9-4AF6-8363-4F91CEA0E137.jpeg

B1EE802E-11C0-49AF-BB7C-3E90851ADD3A.jpeg

• Like 1

It originally goes as Tims pic shows. It goes round the houses a bit, when I rebuilt mine I drilled a new small hole with grommet just next to the vac pod instead.

• Like 1

Hi Roo,

yep nice to be at this point! I'm enjoying bolting the bits on, it's really starting to come together.

Does anyone reading this know of a good white tyre paint to paint the Goodyear on the tyres?

What Jack came with this car?

I have the scissor Jack for this car which is the same as that on my S1. Just wanted to confirm that other early wet sumps and dry sumps have the old style jack? It's held buy a clip with Pirelli webbing?  I had all the clips plated and have fitted them. I will remake the webbing strap using the original material.