Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation - Page 166 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation

New window motor arrived. Switched over the gear, works perfectly. £86 delivered from Ohio,  refurbished original.IMG_6884.thumb.JPG.104df8274ea790c3ef7e2f112d99516e.JPGIMG_6883.thumb.JPG.1e5ac7dbd62fc43bea494c2c9b899482.JPGdefinately the way ahead if your window won't close or open. Now it's perfect! Be careful,if your taking it apart. There a spring in side which returns this into a guillotine. I'm now nursing a nasty cut! Use thick gloves! 

IMG_6890.thumb.PNG.35fe2b3fdf4932e0a8a835f7ef3b5151.PNG

• Like 1

Havnt had much time recently. Still progressing slowley. The Axminster fuel tanks are ready and on there way. So many jobs are linked on this car. Once I get the fuel tanks I can install the rear speaker surrounds. I have ordered new dry cell foam for the tank undersides. It's need to stop drumming noises and ensure the tank is supported.

The gearbox is still in pieces I have a new pinion bearing now. Just need to paint the main body. I didn't Aqua blast this because the reverse gear is tricky to remove and the bearing surface may have been damaged. So it's brake cleaner and patience. It's now ready to paint, but just havn't had time. Then the gearbox is going back together.

Waiting for one seat from Mr Fulcher and then the interior is sorted. 

Big thanks to Steve on here who kindly allowed me acces to his dry sump to measure up the rear Louvre support. You may remember the Bond car only has centre rear supports with an Aluminium reinforcement brace. I have the pattern now just need to make it. My tailgate louvres are looking a bit odd, mid stage!IMG_3732.thumb.JPG.72a638ef92bd035f11edf85dafd77ce8.JPG

• Like 2

They look awesome Fabian,   Very well put together,  bet they cost a few pennys....  Just never look at the receipts again lol 

If you get chance and have not yet binned your old tanks,   I  would be intrested to see what the weight saving is also ?

A

Hi Dan, I have outed the other tanks but they feel a lot lighter.  I havn't looked at receipts for some months now!!😬😬😬

I have to say these were fair value in comparison to others I have seen. The build quality is superb. I don't think you can go wrong with these as they will make the fuel system so much better. No sediment in the carbs or contamination to block the filters.

• Like 1

I Owe a lot to Pete and John at PNM engineering on the Wirral. Without those guys this project would have been much more difficult. http://www.pnmparts.co.uk/

IMG_6970.thumb.JPG.926cfbbb2f971782233e456d7c398133.JPG just saved my bacon again with a replacement scroll and half shaft, it even came with a new bearing fitted, thanks Chaps!

Well, that's it for the parts the project is now 100 per cent complete! I just have to reassemble. Thanks to all those people from Seattle to Glasgow to the Netherlands who have helped me get to this point! 

• Like 1

Speaker covers all and one tank fitted. As with anything bespoke a little effort is required but I think it was worth all the effort and didn't take long. I'm also very please I put the rear speakers in. I chose Sony and they sound excellent when coupled with the forward ones. IMG_0081.thumb.jpg.411c201b915a42589f6ea240237c28a6.jpgIMG_0079.thumb.jpg.1ea10a67fbf4ba3ef1c9265bd1fd29b4.jpg

• Like 1

Door Weather seal strip

Have ordered some from Woolies Trim. On my car it's the thinner one about 11 mm. Use the clips also from Woolies. Their code for it is 152A. 

• Gold FFM

How did you attach the Speaker boxes in the engine bay? Just glued or screws etc? Thank you!

• Gold FFM

Lovely, thank you - at some point I need to put some in - is it a tanks out job or would they fit with the tanks in?! (trying to make my life easier...)

Tanks out job. But if your not worried about originality you could put a different cover in that could be installed without removing the tanks. Tanks out means engine dropped or out! You can borrow my cutter if you wish, just pm me. Easy to cut out and I have a hole location pattern taken on an Essex, thanks to Richard on here.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Thanks Fabian - I have new tanks which I know are slightly smaller for ease so will have a look at what is doable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skiing said:

Thanks Fabian - I have new tanks which I know are slightly smaller for ease so will have a look at what is doable.

Are you renovating it?

• Gold FFM

They were put in by the previous owner - stainless I believe. I have had the tank tops off before but not tanks out. 

2 wheeled vehicle: reduced road tax.

Presumably there is one exact camera position where it would look like a complete car. I am surprised some arse hasnt listed it on Ebay!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1